Led for veg only

leafsta

my dimable 300w maxibright is spot on for rooting clones right up to flowering, since i switched to coco i don't get any issues at all so led all the way!

i've had my current cuttings rooted and kept back for 5.5 weeks so far in 5in pots, they were taken late and have been revegging slightly, but after a hair cut they still look very happy under led, just waiting to pick the contestants that go through to the next stage lol

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

Got a migro array 2 the other week it’s spot on for my tiny veg tent, goes up to 120w. Plants are loving it 

• Like 2

That's nice ain't it, Migro ship to USA straight away but UK has to wait until 25th May even though they're in stock ...... nice.

I never thought about getting one of those array 2 for my veg tent, glad I never now lol

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

my dimable 300w maxibright is spot on for rooting clones right up to flowering, since i switched to coco i don't get any issues at all so led all the way!

i've had my current cuttings rooted a next stage lol

I really would love to try coco but no way would I be able to set up a run to waste set up in the loft .

Once my jars are full am going to be giving a few of your crosses along with other subbies seeds a bashing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Villan said:

I really would love to try coco but no way would I be able to set up a run to waste set up in the loft .

Once my jars are full am going to be giving a few of your crosses along with other subbies seeds a bashing.

Easy peasy mate, just tap into the waste pipe and ensure you have trays under everything large enough to contain any spills!!! a 1.5m x 1.5m x 100mm tray will hold 200 litres.

Ive learnt the hard way!!!

I also have trays under every tent to stop condensation pooling out the bottom and leaking through the ceiling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC said:

That's nice ain't it, Migro ship to USA straight away but UK has to wait until 25th May even though they're in stock ...... nice.

I never thought about getting one of those array 2 for my veg tent, glad I never now lol

Better off with a migro array 1 or 2 of them to cover the area, less red, the array 2 still has 660 red in it

On 01/04/2024 at 16:07, Slippy One said:

Don't buy one with anything in the deeper red/orange spectrum, it made my bonsai mums start flowering, even at 18hrs light. Go blue, the ideal colour range is 3500-5400k. T5 tubes are 6400k from memory and plants love them. I make my own LED strips using Digikey, but there's probably lots of ready made lights that are suitable. 

Which led strips do you use for your veg lights? Ive been looking for the thread where theyre listed but i cant find it anywhere! Do you use a dimmabe driver or not bother?

• Like 1

I'm well impressed with my little Blackblade, was only going to use it temporarily but I've just stuck the cdm in the draw. 

More retired grow equipment :rolleyes:

• Like 1

@KC I do like the veg only spectrum of the blade, tempted to replace my T5 with one

veg light wise,  it's either the lumiiblade 100w  the migro array 1 or Phillips do a 4000k e27 bulb, could run a few of them. 25w bulb gives 180 ppfd at 75cm, London grow has em

I have just realised that the root it's I have are a pain in the arse to position in my tent. The bloody connecting power cable is heavier than the light itself, twat of a game. Left the par +ultra up cause cant be arsed. Is their a nice led light that has a softer, possibly elasticated thingy majig to power it up ? for vegging seedlings etc .

Edited by The Villan

1 hour ago, KC said:

I'm well impressed with my little Blackblade, was only going to use it temporarily but I've just stuck the cdm in the draw. 

More retired grow equipment :rolleyes:

That light looks really nice, whats the weight like, does the power cable hang nicely ?

• Like 1

Yeah it's not too heavy, I didn't even use carbiners, I just hung it right at the top through the hangers. Yeah the cable is really long, definitely longer than my HLG

4 hours ago, leafsta said:

Which led strips do you use for your veg lights? Ive been looking for the thread where theyre listed but i cant find it anywhere! Do you use a dimmabe driver or not bother?

Yes, I use dimmable ones (Meanwell HLG-B models), let you wire up a 100ohm potentiometer, which I think is better than sticking a screwdriver in (HLG-A drivers). If you run them at 100% power in a larger space, don't bother with a dimmer, but my 4 strips are in a small bonsai cabinet. The strips I'm using are product code: SL-B8R4N90LAWW which you can find in Digikey search. They're 5000k and the plants really love them, and haven't caused any flowering unlike the Samsung 4000k strips with deep red which are now in the drawer. Let me know if you need instructions but it's beyond easy, even for a moron like me. :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Yes, I use dimmable ones (Meanwell HLG-B models), let you wire up a 100ohm potentiometer, which I think is better than sticking a screwdriver in (HLG-A drivers). If you run them at 100% power in a larger space, don't bother with a dimmer, but my 4 strips are in a small bonsai cabinet. The strips I'm using are product code: SL-B8R4N90LAWW which you can find in Digikey search. They're 5000k and the plants really love them, and haven't caused any flowering unlike the Samsung 4000k strips with deep red which are now in the drawer. Let me know if you need instructions but it's beyond easy, even for a moron like me. :D 

What are you using for heat sinks? Yes instructions would be great 🙏 as im fed up of trying to find the original thread 😪

Just use 2" aluminium u channel. Get them cut at 60cm lengths. Cheap enough. How many strips are you using will determine what driver/drivers you'll need. There's plenty more info in the DIY lighting section. :yep: