Only three leaves, on the same plant, have this problem. Any ideas?

DjamDjam

large.IMG_2197.2.jpg.af61fc63c046a1be6ea

I have three plants growing, all are doing fine, except for this one. It has three leaves with yellow patches. The one in the picture is the worst case. The one above this leaf is tiny, as is the patch on the third leaf on the exact other side ( the twin of this leaf). They are in 50% soil and perlite mix and being fed with 3ml per litre of BioBuzz Grow. They are only having 500ml each watering at the moment.

It's usually when a plant has dried out too much, have you seen it wilt lately? I give a established plant a third of the volume of the pot when I water, if it runs through pretty much straight away it's dried too much, you can usually see the compost pull away from the side of the pot. Just let it soak up the water for a bit and then empty the saucer after about 10 mins.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KC said:

It's usually when a plant has dried out too much, have you seen it wilt lately? I give a established plant a third of the volume of the pot when I water, if it runs through pretty much straight away it's dried too much, you can usually see the compost pull away from the side of the pot. Just let it soak up the water for a bit and then empty the saucer after about 10 mins.

Cheers LS.

Yes the plants wilted, but the soil was still moist so I left it a while to dry out and this appeared.

When watering dry soil I give them a little splash first and given them a min or two, that let's the splash break down the hydrophobicness caused by the dry soil, then when you pour the rest in the soil soaks it up better.

• Like 3