Want to scrog

Bulldogbill91

I have 18 plants on the go in 6L pots , I'm going to put them in flower in 3 weeks. I currently have 8 in my 8x4 space, but there is so many gaps and space I'm losing where bud sites could be. Would 18 be ok to do a scrog with? What's the most effective way to do it ? Do you keep tucking and training during the stretch or have the canopy filled then flower? I will put it in my grow diary once the 1st lot have finished up. 

planning to use the cheap plastic one they cut down to your size at the grow shop

thanks 

ive scrogged a few times before but cut it down a couple days later as I feel it gets in the way but It's stupid really to lose the space where buds can grow so going to have to just go with it this time. 

Edited by Bulldogbill91

I tried scrogging for the first time last year and I must admit it provided me with most I've ever had from a grow. The idea is to start tucking while they're still in veg and gradually do it to fill each pocket. Once you've done that you usually flip them over to flower.

Sounds like you've got quite a few plants so it might be a bit of a challenge but you've got nothing to loose by trying it :smokin:

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply👍🏼 ok I will do that , I’ve got 8x melon cheddar by karma and some ghettoblaster running aload in the hopes I can find something to keep. Heard a lot of good things about gb and do love a cheese strain although nothing has come close yet. My fav being blue cheese. So hopefully something find something. As there is 18 do you think I’d be better off not topping ? 

I keep them under the screen until about 10 days of 12/12, then a week later I trim everything that’s under the screen (pita part) then let them go but supercrop any colas that get out of control still. I aim for 12 inch canopy, anything under that in a dense scrog is usually pale and popcorn like. I would do 4 plants in a 4’x4’ passive hydro or 5/6 pots in compost. If you want some crazy big plants and can veg for 7 weeks you could do 2 plants but in large pots >20L passive hydro. It’s quite easy to get a packed room with a scrog so proactive budrot avoidance/control should be considered. 

• Like 2

I would never top them, it just slows the plant down, scrogging eliminates the need for topping because all the branches are at the same height which means they all get  the same amount of growth hormone and the colas will all be a more even size. 

• Like 1

You want to use the first 2 weeks of stretch in flower to fill out the net/canopy, flip too late it becomes less efficient light usage as the branches will be too tall and skinny, making more top to bottom % of your canopy undergrowth fluffy buds.

I always top the main stem, makes them side branches go boom, otherwise the sideways filling of the net is much slower.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

Thanks for the reply's and info I will tag you in and hopefully give me some pointers 👍🏻