How to Fix drain tray?

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

Any advise how to solve this? Not sure if I did it correctly.

Just added a drain to waste to the tray using a drain connector. but the bolt is like 4-5mm so I have always such ammount of water that doesn't run off.

As per picture.

I have few ideas, but I am running without space and little slope to a new drain floor + heat mat underneath....

Any of your brilliant simple ideas?

Starting running Coco, so I will have daily runnoff from the pots and I will move to 12/12 next week so I would like to reduce as much as possible humidity.

large.IMG_20240330_201956.jpg.8d8fd3da797d387cbe0c9508be782e2f.jpg

My extreme idea is to cut the connector removing the bolt and silicon it to the try to make the joint flush with the tray. But I am concern to possible leaking in the future.

Thanks

Edited by Amnesialocal

Cut some slots into the top of the connector for the water to pass through into the drain

• Like 1

It’s also a handy wee puddle to check your runoff ec lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Cut some slots into the top of the connector for the water to pass through into the drain

Thanks.

I thought about it. If I understood correctly for example a couple of cuts through the bolt and connector ?

My only concern is the bolt, which won't acrew anymore...is it not the same to cut out directly the bolt? And silicon I assume?

Sorry about the pic

no need to remove the fitting, cut a little channel or two into to top of the head, you don’t need to make the channels that deep for the water to flow through them a couple of mill would be fine large.IMG_1050.jpeg.d7379c8f9f69ce88301f956545716a95.jpeg

Edited by The Green Manalishi

17 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Sorry about the pic

no need to remove the fitting, cut a little channel or two into to top of the head, you don’t need to make the channels that deep for the water to flow through them a couple of mill would be fine large.IMG_1050.jpeg.d7379c8f9f69ce88301f956545716a95.jpeg

Thanks!

Then I understood correctly.

Yes I thought about it, but my point is that as soon as I wil cut in 2 points (4 even more) the Bolt will fall off as it wonts  screw anymore neither it won't be fit itself as i havebcut it. I hope this makes sense.

I was thinking to "hole""pinch" instead with a red hot needle. Horizontally at tray level...like this the screw/bolt will continue working but allowing a drain off...throught the holes...

What do you think?

Not sure how easy will be to do with a hot needle, but maybe with a small 2mm mini Dremel bit?

Is this two piece connector, with a threaded section inside that head, I’m trying to picture what it looks like :mashed:

Deck drain is lower profile, but there’ll always be a bit left.. Google “

3/4" WHITE PLASTIC DECK DRAIN SOCKET”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even just a 25mm iws sealing gland is lower profile than what's being used in ops images.

• Like 1

@Slippy One @GSZZ

Many thanks both!

My problem is the space below...

I used a concrete board 18mm as a base with underneath Insulation + other insulation and layers.

The L system I used ( from aquarium) was just fitting moving a bit the board and cut the corner of the insulation...but direct vertical connection doesn't :(

I will have to cut out board and insulation ( i can't raise more the tray) but I will go for your products as they seems the best option ( the smallest version).

Thanks!

Even the smallest is 70mm ( guess I could cut 5mm pipe connection).

I won't have slope for the floor drain hole :(

I should then create one just vertical under the tray ( but I would like to avoid as they become vent pipe for cold outdoor air)

41 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Many thanks both!

My problem is the space below...

16mm rigid pipe and a 16mm barbed elbow, you can cut the piece to however long you want then. I bet there's less than 50mm below my trays. You may have to raise the trays a tiny bit higher to accommodate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1