PEST white worms!

CoCoKiller

Hi there people hope everyone blessed 

I am growing in coco pro plus

Recently i have come encountered some very small white worms in my soil i did some research on the internet and few other forums

i think i have fungus gnat larvae but don't know due to not finding out much about them they don't have any black heads and they can jump a little high when i move the soil to check if still there 

i am in day 36 of my grow and just wanted to know if anyone has come across this before  

i have put 0.5 ml of pyrethrum in a one litter mister and misted the top soil and the bottom of the pots and that has moved them from the top and bottom i was thinking that i could make a water just pyrethrum 2.5 ml in 5 litter water mix and feed each plant 700 ml of mix to see if that does the job 

any help will be appreciated

many thanks 

• Like 2

Probably Symphillids I'd say.

Bacillus Thuringiensis is what you need but it's not easy to get hold of. I think you can buy something on amazon that can kill em off. I don't think they pose much of a problem though.

@ratdog What's that stuff you mentioned? I'm pretty sure it was you :unsure:

• Like 2

@CoCoKiller Sounds a bit like Springtails though  (jumping) - have a look on YouTube and you should see some decent videos to compare. Use a magnifying glass to be sure!

• Like 5

Oh I just checked and symphillids are really bad for damaging roots. Mind you Springtails are more likely now Delta mentions it.

Hopefully it's just springtails.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KC said:

Oh I just checked and symphillids are really bad for damaging roots. Mind you Springtails are more likely now Delta mentions it.

Hopefully it's just springtails.

Ohh thank you for letting me know about symphillids to the root zone they have not really been growing as best as I like them just thought it could be due to the worms 

I will have a good look at them and see if I can identify them correctly 

thank you 

Edited by CoCoKiller
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CoCoKiller said:

could make a water just pyrethrum 2.5 ml in 5 litter water mix and feed each plant 700 ml of mix to see if that does the job 

this.  nothing will survive

5 hours ago, KC said:

What's that stuff you mentioned? I'm pretty sure it was you

thuricide?

Aptus soil attack liquids what I used for fungus gnats before. It says it kills all soil insects . Works well in coco 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

@CoCoKiller  Plant will be great after all the bugs die👍

Yeah definitely will do my friend 

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

Aptus soil attack liquids what I used for fungus gnats before. It says it kills all soil insects . Works well in coco 

Thank you Arthur mix I will definitely check it out 

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

thuricide?

Nah mate, I might have wrong person but it was a branded name. 

It's got BT in it. 

I'm not going to try and spell it, I'm pissed :blushing:

I use Mosquito Dunks. They contain Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis. I leave a chunk standing in a bucket of water overnight and use that to mix up feed. Wiped out an infestation last time. Funnily enough,.I dug them out if the shed (10+ years since purchase) this weekend to use again to knock back a few population starters that are buzzing about the veg tent.

• Like 2