Aeroponics, Clones and the US Aeroponic Cloning Machine

While chatting to a fellow stoner out in the US, he was showing me a quick video of his aeroponic cloning system. He swears by it and believes clones grow far quicker using an aeroponic system than they would using other mediums. He had me sold on the system. So much so that I considered buying one myself. The system he used is called the 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine for Rapid Plant Cloning by Clone King. It's a US based company though and they don't seem to have any UK Distributors. You can certainly get your hands on one here if you really wanted one but they dont come cheap with them having to be shipped from across the pond. Not only that but a power converter is also required with it being a US based electronic company/product.

Is an aeroponic cloner a great way to grow clones and do they grow faster than most other mediums?  What's the difficulty level like in comparison to the likes of Root Riot Plugs? It looks a little trickier, especially for someone like myself who's never played around with aeroponics or dealt with clones before. And lastly, is there a more suitable cloner out there that you'd recommend?

Thanks folks and be sure to enjoy your Easter weekend! 👍

You can get aeroponic propagators over here for about £80 for one which will handle 20 cuttings or you can make your own. I have more success using mine when cloning and they're really easy to use.

• Like 3

i made my own, maxijet 1000 pump- cloner h frame and a really useful box, works a treat

• Like 1

I just stick cuts in labelled cups of water with 5ml/l of seaweed extract ;) 

large.SlapNTickleclone3.JPG.7436c1fe184ae4096db6fd345534e004.JPG

It might not be as fast as aeroponics,

but it’s silent :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 5

tried it,  no different to normal root riots cubes, had cuts root in 7 days,  had cuts root after 3 weeks, all depends on temp, humidity, health of cuttings etc.....

The main issues with anything aero is if the pump fails. They grow quick when it all works well and die quick if it doesn’t. 

• Like 3

In my home made aeroponics I’ve propagated cuts bare stems and in root riot cubes and rock wool. Only 10 holes, so fits in a 60x60 with some room to spare.

large.06A4595D-26A8-4584-B676-5DF4D36EAB66.jpeg.7190e5c0cce33bc9cc3d2b6f4bbd97f3.jpeg

• Like 2
On 29/03/2024 at 11:56, Woozy said:

You can get aeroponic propagators over here for about £80 for one which will handle 20 cuttings or you can make your own. I have more success using mine when cloning and they're really easy to use.

Thanks. @KC mentioned the X-Stream 12 Site Aeroponic Propagator which is coming in at £64.95. Far cheaper than the US Based Cloning machine. 

Making my own propagator looks and sounds pretty cool but since I'm only getting started, I think I'd rather just buy one so it's one less thing to worry about.  

• Like 1

A container 

A pump 

Some tubing 

Net pots

Some basic tools

That’s all you need :) 

• Like 2

got an Xstream 12 site, works great but gets quite crowded if you fill all holes, I generally only take 4-6 cuts for my small needs and you can take quite large cuts...take @10-12 days usually changing the water half way thru.

Pretty much plug n play..I dont bother adding anything to the water and success rate is generally 100%ish.

• Like 2

@21Cabbage well i am sure there are loads on here with advice but i use to many years ago have aero gardens they are called from the states back in the day when it was just daylight bulbs in , i converted to cfl when they got to being used but then LED has come along , you can buy the 3 /6 /9 /1 pod type now on the rain forest site and i think i saw a 20 pod but again depends how many you was in a go , i use to have cherry tomatoes growing fresh in the plants on christmas day on the dinning table in our little one bed flat , then i found the idea hmm i wonder if a cutting will root and they do and fast just i dipped mine in rooting ell made the hole in the little sponge dipper slip the cutting in and then just watch , you need to use either bottled water or filtered water in them or they do get a little yucky i never changed the water you just top it when needed .

They are so simple if and idiot like me can grow in them anyone can .

• Like 2
On 02/04/2024 at 16:17, Shumroom said:

A container 

A pump 

Some tubing 

Net pots

Some basic tools

That’s all you need :) 

To be fair, it doesn't look overly complicated now that I've watched a couple DIY Aeroponic System guides like this one HERE.  I might consider my hand at making my own system before spending the additional cash on the likes of the Xstream 12 pot. I'll be sure to report back once if I decide to go ahead and build my own cloner. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, babybloomer said:

Pretty much plug n play..I dont bother adding anything to the water and success rate is generally 100%ish.

Do you feel the need to change the water rather than simply topping it up? I doubt it makes any real difference which option you choose right?

As in most things, alot of people use many different methods to arrive at the same place. Some use water only and top-up, some change like myself, (it's just as easy to change water out as it is to top-up)  some add all sorts of things to the mix...they all seem to work as well as each other.

I've rooted cuttings in a glass of water on windowsills, takes a little longer but works fine mostly. good luck.

• Like 3