Any idea what's going on

Bulldogbill91

Got 7 large plants and 3 little ones in the tent, all look good barring 1. I'm in canna terra soil 12l pots. 

my base ec is 0.3 dropped recently from 0.6. 

using 4ml per ltr of A+b bloom, and stress monkey nutrients. I'm using over the recommended dose as I'm only hitting 1.2 ec with the base 0.3 included. 

large.rsz_1img_21042.jpeg.6fad749772182997ba1681bfae8e4a0e.jpeg

thanksb

29 minutes ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

my base ec is 0.3 dropped recently from 0.6. 

This usually happens in the summer months when supply from the usual source is getting low and they divert from another source. Strange that its happened at this time of year, but just bare in mind that it might (highly likely) change back.

Monkey nutes aren't in hard or soft water variants, so its very much a "middle of the road" feed which means too soft it wont work, too hard it wont work. Its probably designed (I can't say for sure but @Intense Nutrients could lol) for water around the 0.4 - 0.6ec mark. 

due to the water change, and how monkey is made, its likely led to a lack of magnesium.  I'd just grab some canna mono magnesium or epsom salts and add enough to knock your water up to 0.4 and then add the food ontop and that will likely sort the issue going forward - however without knowing lots of ins and outs about what you're doing and whats actually in your water, this is an educated guess.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the clearing that up thought me ec pen might have been playing up👍🏻I'll grab some of that canna mono tomorrow and hopefully see an improvement. Got some plants vegging atm and there in coco and I seem to be able to get it right a little better so defo be my choice of medium from now on.  Thanks again I'll post back in couple days. 👍🏻

Edited by Bulldogbill91

2 minutes ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

Thanks for the clearing that up thought me ec pen might have been playing up👍🏻I'll grab some of that canna mono tomorrow

Well, if you're going to the shop tomorrow anyway take your EC pen and ask them to check it/calibrate it in some EC standard whilst you're there. If its out, grab a bottle of EC standard so you can do it at home and check it regularly going forward, if its not, grab a bottle anyway and some mono mg.

• Like 2

I'll grab a bottle of ec standard to cheers for the info

I gave the truncheon a clean and changed batteries.

large.rsz_img_2116.jpeg.a4add2335d4d30c46ea0c2f772cb214e.jpeg

is it supposed to flash between 2.5 -3.0 ish ? I assume that's 2.74 is the ec you're supposed to get? Truncheonjust over year old. 

and gave them some canna mono to 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Bulldogbill91 said:

2.5 -3.0 ish ? I assume that's 2.74 is the ec you're supposed to get? Truncheonjust over year old. 

It should flash between 2.6 - 2.8.

Keep cleaning it, keep testing it, you'll find the more you clean it the closer you'll get to the number. If you've done it 10 times and you're reading a point or two off still, take the cap off your truncheon, put the truncheon into the EC standard, and screw the cap back on and leave it submerged until the lights stop.

• Like 1