Room set up help for newbie

cropit

•  
First time here . Going to be setting up a tent and a falsewall in my smoking room/shed. Need help with setting up the fans so I do It right First time.

Do I bring the inlet into the my grow tent then exhaust it into my smoking room or should I extract it straight outside ?

Need to put a big extractor in the smoking room aswell to get rid of the smoke so that's why a was thinking of extracting it into that room.
Going to add a few diagrams. Any help would be appreciatedpenup-20240325-160602.jpgpenup-20240325-160510.jpg

Welcome bud,

Most important is to get your environment right. Shed grows can be quite challenging, too cold in winter and the opposite in summer. Insulation is the way to go, have a look at my profile "shed build" for some ideas.

Good Luck

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah I know about getting the environment right, shed is already well insulated as am using for a smoke room the now. Just wasn't sure on the best way to duct it . Thanks for getting back to us 

Edited by cropit
  • Like 1

I would have the inlet from in the room and duct outside ducting into the room will just cause condensation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

I would have the inlet from in the room and duct outside ducting into the room will just cause condensation.

Yeah a did think it would cause condensation but thought maybe a big fan exhausting the smoke room would have helped it though 

I think i see now what ur on about.

The big arse fan and filter is for the room overall exhausting outside if thats the case i would add an intake fan to the shed overall.

Which should in turn allow u to turn down the big arse fan stick a heat source infront of the inlet to warm the air as its being brought in.

The only thing i could think of in that situation was inlet and outlet for the tent into the room.

Can't help with what size fan and filter u would need though a 3m x 3m space is what i dream of. lol

• Like 1

So I’ve got a similar set up but my tents just for drying so not much help really.i  use a 6” extractor in the tent exhausted outside. Air is passive drawn into the tent from the room. Room is also my smoking room. It’s an EC fan set to min. I just turn it up when I have a smoke turn it down when I’ve finished. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murphyblue said:

I think i see now what ur on about.

The big arse fan and filter is for the room overall exhausting outside if thats the case i would add an intake fan to the shed overall.

Which should in turn allow u to turn down the big arse fan stick a heat source infront of the inlet to warm the air as its being brought in.

The only thing i could think of in that situation was inlet and outlet for the tent into the room.

Can't help with what size fan and filter u would need though a 3m x 3m space is what i dream of. lol

Yes the big fan would be for exhausting everything outside.

I was also thinking about putting the inlet and outlet into the smoke room but a didn't think pulling loads of smoke back into the plants would do any good.

Thanks for all your help. Just trying to figure it what way would be best first so a don't need to do it twice 😂