CalMag EC level

Sid the Seedkiller

If you are using CalMag in your coco grow, how much are you adding? In EC preferably. 

My tap water is 0.3 EC I've been bringing it up to 0.4 EC with CalMag so 0.1 EC Calmag, obviously. 

What about you? 

Edited by Sid the Seedkiller

Thats exactly how I'd do it , takes a bit more calmag for me, <0.2 ec out of the tap so 3ml per L gets me there. (Canna calmag agent)

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@BilgePump Canna Cal Mag is exactly what I'm using too so thats good information, nice one mate. 

• Like 1

my tap is .2 and i use 2ml but not sure what that is in ec, but i need a 1/3 less nutes just by adding 2ml cal/mag instead of 1ml

• Like 1

@ratdog it'll be about 0.4ec  after you've added 2ml of calmag i reckon :yep:

Your water isn't massively different to mine.

Posted (edited)

@ratdog I was just reading it contributes to your overall EC, I guess it would when you think about it but its definitely something to remember. 

So by my reckoning both you and @BilgePump are adding 0.1 more cal mag than me. I wonder if thats significant and I should perhaps up mine to 0.5 with the cal mag? 

Cheers guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

3ml seems excessive?

I'll check in a bit and pop back in with the definitive because im now questioning it ... Was it 3ml per 10L watering can and im getting mixed up with seaweed.. ?? , gotta soak some coco plugs later .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sid the Seedkiller said:

@ratdog I was just reading it contributes to your overall EC, I guess it would when you think about it but its definitely something to remember. 

i know it does mate, that's why i said i've reduced my nutes by a 1/3 by using 2ml instead of just 1ml of calmag e2a i'm still keeping over all ec at 1.8

plants seem pretty happy

Edited by ratdog

Posted (edited)

@ratdog what stage are you at mate? 

Ita strange how if its a case of trading one for the other, the plants don't get deficient in something else. I'm still getting my head round this synthetic nutes and EC thing. 

11 hours ago, Sid the Seedkiller said:

@ratdog what stage are you at mate? 

mid-late flower

Ita strange how if its a case of trading one for the other, the plants don't get deficient in something else.

i was feeding 1ml cal and 9ml nutes (ionic recommend 7ml, but that was only getting me to about 1.5/1.6 with 1ml cal so i raised the nutes), i was getting burnt tips, upped the cal and lowered the nutes, now we are just about perfect imo

you have to read your plants, not just assume 1.8 ec of whatever will do the job just because it's 1.8.

so to all the anti cal mag fans boys, how would you raise your ec without adding insane amounts of nutrients?

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

@ratdog I am trying to read the plants, I brought 2 of mine up to 1.5 EC because they looked pale, and had Cal defs, now I'm not sure that was the best idea, they look OK, I'm just not sure on the best recommended EC levels for stages at the moment. Reading what you put I should have maybe upped the Cal Mag and dropped the nutes to keep it at 1.3 EC. As I say still getting my head a around EC. 

Ive been going by the "light" feeding schedule to keep it theoretically low, and then raise it if need be, but I'm not even sure if Canna's light is actually light enough, if you see what I mean. For instance they recommend 1.1 EC to start in their light schedule, from 0.4 EC water (0.1 of that is cal mag), but what I've read on here thats too high to begin with,  0.5 feed max so with my water that should be 0.9 EC tops and thats including CalMag. 

Do you start yours in coco mate, or plugs? 

@ratdog well that blows my theory out the water lol. 

So much conflicting info, just like everything else in the weed growing world. 

Cheers dude. 

• Like 1