LEDs

Dav105e

Hi very new to growing, I’ve just done some autos but I want to do photos. I have a question about lights. I have 2 tents to choose from 1 is a 4x4ft and the other is a 1.5x2.4x2m. I have 3 Viperspectra p1000 led’s. Which tent and how many plants would people recommend? Any help will be appreciated, many thanks

The smaller tent would take 4 x P1000 for full coverage in flower. 

The plant numbers to provide a canopy of matching size is your decision. Lots of small plants, 1 biggie, or anything in between. 

• Like 2

Hiya Dav105e,

can I call you Dave lol 

Top tips for growing under LEDs:

1. Extract from low down in the tent and bring in fresh air from lung room up high using ducting ports.
  2. Use either multiple heat mats in conjunction with a heat controller, or an underfloor heating kit to keep plants happy by keeping the roots above 24C.

I also switched over to growing in coco just after changing my lights to LEDs,

as I found my coco plants were growing more vigorously than those in compost.

It depends on whether or not you want to commit to daily watering with coco,

sometimes multiple daily feeds when in full flower.

You can easily get a decent size crop with 4 x plants with a half decent veg stage,

or you could use more plants and reduce the vegetative time,

there’s even some folks who will fill that space with just one plant and take the time to train the plant to fill the tent on its own :) 

I’ll see you in the strain section for the discussion on which seeds to go for 👍

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

Today I was looking through local ads and someone had 2 lights for sale. Ones a mars hydro and the other is a niello gs-1000. I managed to get them cheap. I’m guessing I could use those alongside the Viperspectra lights? 

Be vary wary of buying 2nd hand electric goods.

I’ll bet they haven’t been recently safety tested.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

No idea on the lights you've bought, don't know the spec. If one of them is 100w full spectrum, it should fill go with the originals fine. 

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Be vary wary of buying 2nd hand electric goods.

I’ll bet they haven’t been recently safety tested.

Atb

☯️

Spot on,better look for discount if on budget,my shop always have few leds on sale.

• Like 1