Pot size

Adamvr619

Just curious if I had 2 clones from same mother and veged for the same time and flowered for the same time side by side so same growing conditions and same feed schedule but one was in 16 litre and other was in 2t litre would I expect to see a difference in final yield 

34 minutes ago, Adamvr619 said:

16 litre and other was in 2t litre would I expect to see a difference in final yield 

If you were watering them the same, as in, a single feed to run off everyday then of course the bigger pot is going to yield more - but if you could water the smaller pot sufficiently enough, theres no reason why it couldnt yield the same or even more - but the pump would hardly ever be turned off after a certain point, and it'd be very hard to manage - really growing on a razors edge, so not really feasable.

• Like 2
Just now, GSZZ said:

If you were watering them the same, as in, a single feed to run off everyday then of course the bigger pot is going to yield more - but if you could water the smaller pot sufficiently enough, theres no reason why it couldnt yield the same or even more - but the pump would hardly ever be turned off after a certain point, and it'd be very hard to manage - really growing on a razors edge, so not really feasable.

It's using autopots if that helps with you answer 

Honestly 2ltr is too small, but that being said if you could get your hands on those small 8.5 autopot pots you'd be better off - the autopot system works best when the plant is "too big" for the pot and needs more than a feed or two a day - also get one of those "plant it" watering timers if you don't already have one so you can control how often the trays flood rather than the plants sat in water all the time.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Honestly 2ltr is too small, but that being said if you could get your hands on those small 8.5 autopot pots you'd be better off - the autopot system works best when the plant is "too big" for the pot and needs more than a feed or two a day - also get one of those "plant it" watering timers if you don't already have one so you can control how often the trays flood rather than the plants sat in water all the time.

15 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

It's using autopots if that helps with you answer 

I believe the plant in the bigger pot would be bigger depending on the negative time of course. The simple explanation is that when a root hits a pot it invertibly causes stress as the root node as to change direction to source feed. Is it all bad? With auto growing yes I think so. With photos no it could make the negative growth stunt producing tighter nodes leading to bigger yeilds.