Root temps v canopy temp

leafsta

At the minute I've got huge disparity between my rzt (27C) and my canopy temp (21C) and I can't quite work out why.. which leads me on to the question of which one is more important.. I remember reading a thread where @Owderbsays he only monitors rzt so that would naturally make me think thats where the importance lies..

Thoughts..

assuming this is lights off? that canopy temp seems way off if your lights were on.

27 also seems a bit high to me?

I dont monitor root zone, if my tent doesn't drop below 23 lights off, I'm happy and will blissfully assume it's OK.

last time I potted up, the root balls were nice and warm. my canopy temps are around 27

This is lights on 🤯

Both the rzt and canopy is with separate inkbirds, so I'll try swapping them around to see if they're still showing the same

Yeah from what I recall the max for rzt should be 25

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leafsta said:

which one is more important

For organic soil at least (that what I have experience with) it's soil temps 100%. If you keep your soil 23-27°c (mine are kept at 25) your plants will be happy as larry, air temps can do what they want, plants won't care one bit. 

Air temps however play an important role in things other than overall plant health, like controlling internodal spacing and preventing bud rot. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1