The season started

Amnesialocal

Hello everyone,

The season started!!!! How exiting isn't?

I said myself not to repeat the mistakes of last year and leave outdoor growing as the weather and mould destroyed 99% of my grow, but I can't and I would like to repeat and experiment with new medium ( Coco pellet for examples) and sizes ( I will work in 1-3 max 6.5l) and 2 auto ( to keep small and hide)...and mayne no mould.

I put in water today :

- x1 Onda Calabra by Zoe seeds ( one chofeca commercial...but...and I highlight but if there is still something of the "Sila" strain ...maybe ...maybe...there is work to do)...it is years that i am collecting seeds from calabria looking back at the landraces and genetic that we're know associated to the "calabrese rossa".

- x1 Blue Dreams by 00 seeds ( freebie).

They will start indoor under LED ( LED test room, which I will upgrade I guess) and I hope by middle of April to move them outside...3l pots.

I am aware someone will say that itis  early even for autos, but I would like to experiment outdoor in a B&Q greenhouse ( tomatoes seeds are already there). I could then compare with 2 planted in May?

What did you seed or are you planning to seed?

• Like 3

These were taken end of may last year. Started under led, and finished outside.... Dutch passion Auto euforia and seedstockers white widow auto 

large.DSC_1434_copy_1800x2400.jpg.44b5776d909e9f2498131af376e8b2b1.jpglarge.DSC_1486_copy_1500x2000.jpg.b26fa19d443cc90a18a37496148edc5c.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

These were taken end of may last year. Started under led, and finished outside.... Dutch passion Auto euforia and seedstockers white widow auto 

large.DSC_1434_copy_1800x2400.jpg.44b5776d909e9f2498131af376e8b2b1.jpglarge.DSC_1486_copy_1500x2000.jpg.b26fa19d443cc90a18a37496148edc5c.jpg

Beautiful!!!!

7l. Soil?

Any issue with mould?

They were probably 4l max. Soil with a bit of perlite. We had a decent may last year so no rot to speak of. Due to the shit summer I lost plenty later on. I'd rather risk the high humidity early on, and hopefully the ambient humidity drops as the weather warms up. In my humble (and probably incorrect) opinion, it's as much about the night time temps. Sometimes I can bring them under cover at night which makes a huge difference.

• Like 4

Yes I thought that planting now will give 1 months to grow and start flowering in May-June. I will try also in 1 month to have plants flowering in June- July.

If this make it sense.

• Like 4

Best way really. Give yourself the best chance against mother nature.... 

This was 2022 on 30th April. These were literally frozen solid as I got pissed and forgot to bring them in during a cold snap... 

large.Screenshot_20240321-203750.png.c293f55f04848c595f3f4971bea1f48f.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

Best way really. Give yourself the best chance against mother nature.... 

This was 2022 on 30th April. These were literally frozen solid as I got pissed and forgot to bring them in during a cold snap... 

large.Screenshot_20240321-203750.png.c293f55f04848c595f3f4971bea1f48f.png

I started then very late!

• Like 2

Not at all. If you can keep them ticking over indoors until the night time temps get into double figures you'll be sweet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The very best of luck with your run sir 👍      Looking forward to seeing those cultivars mate 

Keep the pics coming !      

• Like 1

Greets  @Idicanna jones

Those Auto pics look nice. I bought two packs of Auto Euforia on @geo1’s recommendation that they are good

How did you find the quality of the bud?

I will be running them GG this season so wondered how much they smell? humans walk quite near to one of my plots

Have a great season 

& all the best to you  @Amnesialocal

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

@Erbman T I'm a novice at best, so I don't have a great deal to compare them to. The bud was absolutely awesome. Absolutely bullet proof considering the shit weather. Gave me that real sloppy grin effect. The one in the pic was out really early, and I suspect the damp weather subdued the smell a bit. @OldFord found them to be a bit loud when he ran them in the middle of summer. For me though? Hands down best auto I've tried. 

• Like 3

@Erbman T Mate i found the auto Euforia one of the toughest autos i have ran ,  good formation and can get on the louder scale.

Nice easy grows,  held in really shit conditions with lots of neglect ,  in the garden i could detect them from 30 paces away , other than that i will happily run them again.   Well worth a run mate.  

• Like 6

Thanks @Idicanna jones @OldFord. Appreciate the info. Pretty much sounds like i was told. I may just run them at the plot that is further away from people seeing they sound smelly  

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

On 21/03/2024 at 20:46, Idicanna jones said:

Not at all. If you can keep them ticking over indoors until the night time temps get into double figures you'll be sweet

At my latitude you'll be waiting a long time for that! :D 

Personally won't be wetting any beans until 20/4 earliest, autos not until May...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1