I'm not 100% thick, but until I understand something I might come across a little bit so

Pot of soil

And I know my spelling is atrocious, but would anyone that knows tell me if this is correctly drawn out please because if it is I can go and get the bits.

https://www.uk420.com/gallery/

Spelling is fine. What are you trying to articulate by sending us to the gallery? 

Posted (edited)

I thought it might take people to a picture of a automatic watering system but hopefully ive sussed it now as I didnt do that 😀

I'd like too, and need too really, set up a simple hydroponic dripper system

I didn't really understand it before, but If that picture is confirmed a good system, well monkey see monkey do here can just copy the design and gain some knowledge 

Edited by Pot of soil

Posted (edited)

Assuming it it's correct infomation they are shareing there.

Is there anything anyone might use instead of what's being shown?

I've seen you can get low pressure pro inline filters but whether or not they are better then a standard inline one, I just don't know

Same for the barbed elbow, anti siphon  and non return valves, because I've read that they can be prone to dripping I was wondering if there's was a  better quality product out there to hopefully save me the shock of having a flood 

Edited by Pot of soil

57 minutes ago, Pot of soil said:

save me the shock of having a flood 

16mm is standard diameter garden hose so id use a decent brand of hose (tricoflex ftw) and just whack a load of jubilee clips on yer connections for added peace of mind.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is my list.  Is it really that simple? 

Listening to people on here talk about this has left me a bit spangled at times.

I've thrown a tap in there simply because I'm sure I've seen it mentioned as being a good idea, although where on that diagram above to position it I'm not sure.

I tried to find some 16mm tricoflex @BilgePump but could only find it in 15mm and 19mm, there was a 16mm but that was transparent, complete novice here but guessing not to go for clear?

Hopefully that will leave me sorted on the automated watering system front 

=======================

I will have 6 plants in 10 liter buckets, using the hempy style.

Would anyone with any experience, have any advise on a good size reservoir tank tank to go for please? 30L 40l ? 100L

Should I stick a tap (something like a water butt one) on the reservoir as low down as I can (maybee even on the bottom of the tank, if there is a speciffic tap built for it) just incase something happens and I need to drain the res

Maybee even when you change feeds, and it hasn't quite used up all from the previous one, should you drain that out or do you just put the new feed onto?

Finally will the segmented timer do me for my planned system 

Manifold dripper fed 10 liter hempy buckets of should I get one of these 

Edited by Pot of soil

15mm it is then :doh: It fits on a 16mm spigot with the aid of a cup of hot water thats what matters :yep:

I paid stupid money to upgrade my pipes on my easyfeed i don't even use , i think i bought flopro elite, it's very nice hose but id rather the yellow ones we have at work.

:yinyang:

• Thanks 1