Which size bubble bags do you use?

Hole in the clouds

Been running lots of bubble over the winter and thinking about what sizes I actually want to use. Whats worth using and can I streamline it for next year.

What size bags do you guys bother with?

Ive read stuff lately of using a 45 as the last bag and anything under goes to waste? 
I’m also wondering as I don’t use the 220 as a ‘work’ bag as I run the material in a separate bucket, if I can get rid of the 220 and just use the 160 to filter all the green material? 

What I find I’m doing is throwing different grades and runs together to press anyway so I might as well just collect it together. Which brings me onto my other thoughts which are upgrading my bags to bigger ones to process as much in one go as possible.

I use blue,red,yellow and white.I think you could use 160 as work bag,maybe it will clog a bit more trapping some trich so i wouldnt pack to much trims in?:unsure:

Blue and red i usually bin,yellow is gold and barely anything in white,like 10g in yellow and 1g in white.Last time i kept 160,its kinda green am yet to try it.

My trich size is large, id guess it could vary with trich size if some will be lost? Id like a read about that if anyone has a good source,trich size vs different strains in general

Edited by Herbal Kint

You can run hundreds of liters through small bags if you have a large separate mixing bowl so don't bother getting bigger. As for which size, 220 is for the first filter, 160 is 2nd filter, then I used to just use the 25 to catch the lot. I swapped my bags for dry sift screens in the end, which is faster, cheaper and less messy but you have to dry the bud first so different flavour than bubble. I never understood why they made so many grades of screens, but if I had to choose one, the 73 was the most potent/bubbly for smoking.

• Like 1

I've only got the 3 bags, the 210 workbag for the waste, then the 72 and the 25. I really love the both sizes but the 25 is very tedious for the return. I'll usually run my material through the 72 3 or 4 times but I'll only do 2 in the 25mu.

Saying that last time I did a run there no 25mu at all. First time I've seen that :unsure:

Much like others here half my bags are still folded, factory fresh and unused.

220μ then the 160μ and straight into the 25μ :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Haha 1

@BilgePump so u mix the grades , do u keep the 160 or chuck it, and what's in the 25 what do u do with it make temple ball or just dry and use as is?

Another question do u or others mix strains or do u run each strain separate?

@Skit Rat yeah i mix grades because its just easier and less faffing about.

It all gets hot bottle decarbed and then balled up yeah, 3 or 4 months in adaek drawer and we're good to go.

Everything goes into a bag in the freezer, strain doesn't bother me it .

:yinyang:

• Thanks 1

@BilgePump as a og on here advice from the likes of you is valuable as a point if reference just as a mind settler as it where,  I too just mix all trim and airbuds/ buds into a bubble run I've not separated strains but was worrying I was potentially not "doing it right" ie separating strains , yea I'm with u multiple strain runs with grades with bubble I might just not use the 75 this year.

• Like 1