Super Strong Edibles

SkunkOscar

Hi everybody, 

I’m looking to pick people’s brains on how to make the best, strongest edibles.

For context, in my quest over the last 30 years or so, to get as high as I possibly can, I have come to the conclusion that edibles > vaping > smoking. 

I usually use infused coconut oil. I used to make it in the slow cooker, but now have a magic butter machine instead. I usually take it by dissolving around 10g in warm water, add a squirt of lemon or lime, stir it, then neck it, try and down it on one. I do this before a meal. I have also had the same amount, melted into a full fat yoghurt and then eaten. Both ways do the job, and help me sleep at night, but it doesnt quite knock me out.

The highest I have ever got, where I am totally wiped out, can’t even stand up, is the volcano bag simmered in milk. I did it again yesterday. I had a bag of vape too just before I simmered it in milk for twenty minutes, then make it into a hot chocolate. It absolutely wrote me off. I had to assume the foetus position, and just lie there, then when I could finally stand again, got myself ready for bed, then back to sleep again. lol 

How can I make an edible that can match the effects of the volcano bag simmered in milk? I’ve read about tinctures, but am terrified of making them, even in the MBM, in case I blow up my kitchen! Are the tinctures that much stronger than the standard coconut oil, and how to I make/ ingest them? 

Or do I just need to increase my ratio of weed to oil to make it stronger? 

Any ideas or advice much appreciated!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SkunkOscar said:

Or do I just need to increase my ratio of weed to oil to make it stronger? 

Yes mate this would be a simple solution imo..I been cooking my oil a lot longer these last few batches too like 7/8 hours and fuk me it's proper knock out.. seriously I would challenge anyone to take 10 grams of this in 1 sitting it's naughty.

Half a teaspoon and I'm off me tits.  

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

Tincture is really strong, but it seems to have a bit of a different effect to coconut oil for me. Don't worry about blowing up the kitchen, it's not that bad, it only infuses at a low temp. When you strain it out through the filter bag I do advise doing that in open air if possible, it's pretty nasty lol

I like an olive oil infusion myself, I can drink far more than I can with coconut :bad:. I did about 3 tablespoons once, it was pretty amazing. Not sure I've every been that stoned, but like I say not in the tincture way. That can give me paranoia sometimes. I did it twice last week, one day was great, dancing around the house laughing my head off, the next time I just had to go to bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks revive & KC.

thats what I’m after, something that I can just take a teaspoon of, or a gram of, and have it blow my head off.

as I said, for me, nothing gets close to the used volcano bag, simmered in milk. 

out of interest, per 100 grams of oil, how many grams of weed would you add to class it as strong? 

I will give olive oil a go, as I also find coconut oil quite sickly. 

I’m keen to try the tinctures. I take it I just put the alcohol in with the weed in the MBM, select the correct setting, then let it do its thing. Once I have the finished product, how do I take it? Do I put it in food/drink? Or is it strong enough/ safe enough to put a few drops directly under tongue? 

thanks again

• Like 1

If I wanted the strongest edible, I'd run the bud through the hash screens first to get rid of all that unnecessary plant material, then soak the lot in food grade ethanol and reduce until it was just pure flower oil. No boiled spinach flavour and will guarantee to knock you out in whatever you put it in. 1 grain of rice size dose will put many on the floor. lol

• Like 1

By and far the strongest edibles I have eaten have been made with distillate, or a distallate/shatter mix lol

• Like 3

For me. I decarb in Herboven. Powder it. Mix it with a bit of MCT or other oil. Eat it whilst downing a hot milky drink. Onset is 15-30 minutes, flying in one hour. You waste nothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GSZZ said:

By and far the strongest edibles I have eaten have been made with distillate, or a distallate/shatter mix lol

Yeah, this.

Edibles are notoriously ineffective on me so i have to add decarbed rosin to my recipes for that much needed bit of ooomph , have a look at my brownie recipe (its pinned i believe)and double the rosin inclusion if needs be.

@Revive 7-8 hours you reckon? :naughty:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Thanks everybody, some cracking suggestions on this thread.

i do worry I lack the culinary /edible skills for some of these, though I shall try and learn. 

at the moment, I have the magic butter machine to work with. I’m not familiar with the terms distillate and shatter mix, more research required! 

I will try the tinctures, see how I get on with them.

i suppose the ultimate aim, would be to have a super strong edible, delivered in a super small dose ( I.e the size of a piece of rice, as mentioned above!  ) 

just going back to an earlier question. If making standard oil, with coconut oil. How much weed per 100g would people consider strong?  For example, the last batch I made in MBM had approximately 70g of weed/ 700g of coconut oil. So that works out as 7g weed per 100g oil. 

is that too low a ratio? It did the trick, but I’d need about 10g. And I can still function after it, but can also feel it, and it helps me sleep. 

where as volcano milk hot chocolate, I cannot function, and that’s what I’m aiming for!! 

I make RSO/FECO (Rick Simpson Oil/ Full Extract Cannabis Oil if you are not familiar with the abbreviations) and mix that with coconut oil and then transfer that into capsules. I make the capsules to a strength of 25mg. I find one gets me through a good few hours without wanting a smoke and multiples if I want a proper high. Once you get your head around the method and measuring you can make them to any strength you like.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SkunkOscar said:

Do I put it in food/drink? Or is it strong enough/ safe enough to put a few drops directly under tongue? 

You can drop it on the tongue, it doesn't go through your liver then though, it acts faster but not as strong as it's the liver that creates the magic. I put mine in a drink, usually a gin and bitter lemon, the key is to not sip it over a long time, you need to get it down quite fast, not down it as such but don't take ages to drink it. You want it to hit your system at pretty much the same time.

My usual strength when I work with infusions is 1/2oz per cup (240ml). I did try a tincture with double that but didn't find it much more effective really. Oh and using trim seems just as good as buds with tincture. It literally strips everything.

• Like 2

I prefer to do it the RSO/feco way too as you know how much extract you've added to your alcohol or oil to make the tincture or infusion and thus how strong it is and how much to dose.

• Like 1

Re: amounts of flower in the mbm .

It states you want upto 14g of flower per 240ml of oil...

Personally i use about an oz of popcorn/trim per jar of coconut in my mbm .. :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

As you have the Magic Butter Machine....

Try this... 

https://magicalbutter.co.uk/blogs/magicalbutter/magical-coconut-oil

I followed this recipe but without said MB machine....   

20/30 ml coconut oil in a bar of chocolate...  then poured into little moulds, they work well. 

If you really wanna go the full fuck up, add a couple of grams of rosin to the coconut oil  🚀

• Like 4