Need a solid buy recommendation

EarLobe

Morning all.

Getting myself away from tobacco now and wanting to replace my nectar gold dry herb vape. I've had this thing for 3 years or more but the air flow just leaves me dissapointed with every hit.

I've been having a good look and I'm stuck between the Mighty+ and the Crafty+. It's really difficult to find any one place with decent information in bulk.

I'm after something without too much restriction on the airflow without having to have a desktop vape. I'm not going to be using it out but don't really want the volcano. 

I think the mighty will be the one but I cant figure out why and I don't want to buy it and then regret not getting the crafty 2 months later.

ATB

• Like 1

I've never used a crafty but it's the same design as the mighty but with one less battery. I believe it only has 3 heat settings too unless you have the app on your phone to control the temps (Andriod only). Out of the 2 I'd say definitely the Mighty.

Then again i'd say neither and get a Volcano but you seem put off for some reason. My Volcano is the best thing I've ever bought. I bought the hybrid because of the whip/pipe but that's actually really shit, the bags are far better. If I had to buy one now, I'd buy a classic or a digital. The classic is a bit slower to heat up but patience is a virtue and all that :angel_not:

• Like 2

Nothing against the volcano it's more to do with me and not being able to sit still for 5 minute. I need something I can pick up and walk around with and doesn't have too many steps to get me going. The volcano I imagine would wipe the floor most portables but I think I'd end up rolling a spliff getting frustrated with the set up. Path of least resistance and all that lol.

That was about the only difference I could see to be honest.

Not too fussed about an app. I tend to use them once with a new toy and never again.

There's a review of the Mighty+ and the Crafty+ on the tvape website.  Sal

• Thanks 1

I'd consider the new storz and bickel one - the venty if you're bothered by air flow.

• Like 2

Just to throw an oddball in, a couple of people I know use Arizer Airmax, they both absolutely love them. You can get them really cheap at the mo too if you look about. Great big battery on it too which is replaceable unlike the shit design of the s+b vapes. They're literally throw away now when the batteries die unless you're talented and can solder some new ones in but I watched the video and I think it's beyond me lol

edit-forgot to mention both users have had or own a mighty too and they still love the airmax

Edited by KC
  • Like 1

I just went and had a look at the venty and saw that they had built in batteries. I just assumed they'd be replaceable. All S&B products like that?

I like the look of the venty but will definitely check the Arizer out. 

My exposure to these vapes is next to nothing so any other suggestions are welcome to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EarLobe said:

All S&B products like that?

:yes:

Well except the Volcano of course :D

The venty is the one for you as the air flow adjuster is simple but very good and short warm up time 

Thanks for the suggestions all!

@KC the volcano. I see there's like a 20 minute warm up with it but other than that, is it fairly straight forward to use?

• Like 1

Mighty all the way. Best desktop vape replacement, long battery life, usb-c charging and almost unbreakable after many drops. 

My volcano warms up in about 25 seconds and is by far my favourite device and since I got a venty my 7 year old mighty not come out the draw

Venty is very robust too super quick warm up and air flow adjustable is great 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EarLobe said:

is it fairly straight forward to use?

Really really simple mate. The classic takes a bit longer to warm up than the digital ones but I doubt it's near 20 mins, a couple of lads I know have them, the one I know is at least 10 years old (the vape not the lad lol). Barely needs any cleaning either unlike the Mighty. I rarely change my bags but I don't vape as high temperature as some people, I just don't see the need to go high unless I have hash in there.

If you really do want a handheld then give the Arizer Airmax a consideration, it's so simple and easy to clean, it's basically just the glass tube bit in some iso. It's cheap (at the moment) and there's no draw restriction, replaceble battery is a plus. I'd get one myself but I've got 3 vapes already.

Minivap I prefer and now its usbc the puck is available the charger for battery is soon both be usbc. I’ve got sublimator , volcano and mighty and quite a few other vapes I always end up back on minivap. There’s a rumour they may also launch a new device soon. :oldtoker: