Topping and scrogging

Sooperdooper

Was reading a great grow diary a little while back with some conversation on topping and scrogging, when a member linked what he said was the best description of this technique on the forum. It was too, but of course I can't find that thread again. Err, I can remember a pic of a fan blowing hard at a little topped plant and that's about it. Just hoping that this rings a bell with someone - cheers!

There are going to be lots of threads on both topics on the boards. It might be able to narrow it down if you can remember any more info, otherwise it may be lost to forever and ever and ever.

Maybe try and remember who was having the conversation or what was being grown in the diary, that will help narrow it

down :yep:

• Like 1

I top and scrog, truly the most efficient way to grow under artificial lights, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. 🥳

large.IMG_2596.jpeg.9685f8416b8a68d9262473b82b33ed6d.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

truly the most efficient way to grow under artificial lights, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Except a Sea of Green ;) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

I'd argue real SOG is not as efficient at using light spread than SCROG.

Main benefit of SOG is less veg time, an experienced SCROG grower can also achieve an even canopy but with more buds, as a pose to one single cola per square per plant with no side branches.

Take my last grow for example, I had way more buds than I can fit pots into my 60x60 tent.

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
  • Like 2

Scrog yields very nicely, all those lovely lil buds, and it's an easy grow owt low risk exposure with small plant numbers it's the sensible choice.

Perpetual sog will yeild more over time in the same space as the vegging is done in the veg cab so always flowering in the flower space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

SOG sounds like a watering headache

The comment was based on efficiency,

as per your post.

If you want to go into all of the ins and outs that’s fine.

But please don’t move the goalposts 🥺

Atb

☯️

In my version of this scenario there’s an automatic watering system,

or perhaps each clone is in the one large bed ;) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Best method for SOG is lots of small plants in an automatic watering flood and drain system.

Only drawback is plant numbers...:yep:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Only drawback is plant numbers...:yep:

In my case there's the small problem of that i have no keepers/mothers (yet) lol

In the 4 and half years i've been growing I've only grown two plants that i could hand on heart and say were keepers, but sadly i didn't have a second tent at the time :crybaby:

My own fault tho, not being prepared and kinda love the mystery of popping seeds, But now I'm wanting something i can hold on to, Phenos of Cheese, Blueberry, Pineapple, Strawberry and Skunk taste wise, Fast-ish flowering 7-9 weeks, and most importantly a range of effects from balanced Hybrid to ko'd game over lol

This time I'll be ready :pitchfork:

• Like 2