Greenhouse dripper set up.

murphyblue

First up this is for my toms and peppers.

Would love to try some smoke but it would get ripped at seedling stage round here. lol

Here's a pic of what i got worked out so far.

large.P1040118.JPG.9ac5f46a7a0c3284decf767c72da75f8.JPG

The scenario greenhouse is right at bottom of the garden with no power or water supply.

I do have a small solar panel and battery i can set up but thats about it.

Right first problem i have is i will need a res for the water as the water butt i was going to use is just too tall so was thinking maybe an old header tank or something.

Second problem is i don't think a gravity fed drip would work due to the amount of pots the header would have to be too high.

So thinking of some sort of 12v pump i can rig up to the battery and solar panel but again haven't got a clue and a quick google don't help there's bloody thousands. lol

The other problem will be controlling it all to come on and go off again haven't a clue.

I love my gardening i can get lost for hours in such a small space but it has suffered last couple of seasons cos of my GG antics i just don't seem to have enough time.

Any recomendations (spelling it just looks wrong) for a pump controller what size pipe and res most welcome and where to get it all would be handy.

Thought i would ask peeps on here cos well u all stoners and can make anything out of anything cheap. lol lol

• Like 1

This is exactly how i run my poly but with two less pots and gravity fed off a water butt raised up with blocks and a frequency/duration timer.

Its not ideal but it works, you'll find balancing dripper rates will be yer biggest issue but probably less so if you are using a pump.

Id recommend big drippers for ease and convenience my favourites are the kärcher Rainsystem™ examples but hozelock do a very similar dripper, they both snap on to standard garden hose rather than whimsically thin irrigation pipe so are less prone to blocking.... Inline filters are useful too.

My set-up gets used purely for growing capsicum chinense :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

you will have pressure issues with this setup, complete your manifold and you should be golden :yep:large.IMG_0909.jpeg.d7bf8d1a571e574739ca2026d904ed7c.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks i can see the logic in a loop now thanks @The Green Manalishi should get better pressure at the last 2 pots ur way.

Thanks @BilgePump will try and have a look at both systems u mentioned gotta try and get it sorted this year.

Hopefully can get it sorted i need the 12 pots for 3 of each for long sweet peppers 2 cherry toms and one yet to be decided chilli.

• Like 1

large.IMG_2661.jpeg.b565ef9f0a0c868d15fdf6a4ffc6bcb2.jpeg

I use a local authority brown wheelie bin as my outdoor rez, it’ll hold 240l 

Just don’t put it out for collection  lol

• Haha 3

large.IMG_3415.jpeg.3a715dabc593b4bf925105fdcc3e178a.jpeg

manifold tubing inside diameter 4mm outside 7mm and your 3mm feed lines. 

• Like 7