Short veg_small pot_fast grow thoughts!?

chrononzon23

Hi Folks, 

Would like to hear from anyone with experience of this. Normally do never ending veg periods and topping with scrog net training. It works v well but i'm not happy with start to finish period. It's too life intrusive.

My goal is pop seeds at window. Get first leaves. Transport to a 2x4 tent with migro array 4 and veg for 3wk max before flicking 12/12 using Fem seeds.

My question to those with experience doing this is, what pot size did you use? and how many plants in a 2x4 tent?

I'm imagining v small pots and min 12 plants grown popsicle style.

Thoughts and tips and diary links appreciated.

I don't really want to do autos but i'm keeping an open mind.

Speed is my main goal then energy usage and yield/potency.

Thanks All

C

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I did a similar this last summer.

Hey what an excellent diary. V informative. Amazing for a 60 x60 footprint. Nice plant shaping.  I shall have a look at your other posts. 

I think i'll veg 4 wks with a fast finishing fem seed.  Normally use Royal Queen and only good things to say.

• Thanks 1

You’ll get a quicker turnaround if you keep a mother plant and run a bunch of clones,

rather than starting from seed each time.

Plus you’ll get more consistent plants,

canopy height, feeding requirements etc

Atb

☯️

Edited by Shumroom
To delete a P that wasn’t required lol
  • Like 1

That's a good size tent to flower a single plant SCROG style or 4 cuttings SOG in smaller pots, so having a separate nursery is handy to speed things up. Window sills aren't the best for starting plants, and will slow things down. If you think growing your meds is too life intrusive you're not alone. Check out my lazy growing thread in the coco coir section. I'm on 5 mins actual work every 2 weeks in the flower box, and 5 mins/day for the nursery. I love the growing but hate the faffing.. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For what you looking at, I’d recommend a NFT 424 table, it sits in a 4x2 perfectly, but as @Shumroomsays, you need cuts for it. I’ve done 6 plants in mine, week to 10 days veg and that’s it. You could also do 12/12 from seed, I’ve never tried 👍🏼

Edited by Flamedodger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

You’ll get a quicker turnaround if you keep a mother plant and run a bunch of clones,

rather than starting from seed each time.

Plus you’ll get more consistent plants,

canopy height, feeding requirements etc

Atb

☯️

Sadly no option for keeping a mother

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

That's a good size tent to flower a single plant SCROG style or 4 cuttings SOG in smaller pots, so having a separate nursery is handy to speed things up. Window sills aren't the best for starting plants, and will slow things down. If you think growing your meds is too life intrusive you're not alone. Check out my lazy growing thread in the coco coir section. I'm on 5 mins actual work every 2 weeks in the flower box, and 5 mins/day for the nursery. I love the growing but hate the faffing.. lol 

That's a shame about the windowsill but so it is. Wiill run the migro low or get a dedicated seedling light.

Problem with single plants and scrogs is epic veg times. Just crazy all that topping, bending etc. Well in soil and in my experience anyway. 5-6month seed to finish. Far too long for me

@chrononzon23if you want fast turnaround, having a nursery with mums is the fastest. Otherwise you'll be starting from scratch with unknown strains/phenos each time.

I've done little perpetual multistrain sogs with cuttings and some seed plants, it can work well but it's hard work keeping up with watering in small pots and remembering which plants take which nutrient mix with the different strains and flowering stages.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slippy One said:

@chrononzon23if you want fast turnaround, having a nursery with mums is the fastest. Otherwise you'll be starting from scratch with unknown strains/phenos each time.

Just how fast do cuttings actually take then? Never tried it. Must save a lot of time. Seedling hatching and beginnings are painfully slow.

Is it safe to use fem seeds for mothers? 

I wonder if i could grow a mother in window light!!

39 minutes ago, chrononzon23 said:

Just how fast do cuttings actually take then? 

7-14 days in a propagator depending on conditions. You’ll be flowering the mum, and taking cuts to make a new mum, thus preserving the genetic/terpene profile. 

Is it safe to use fem seeds for mothers? 

Yes

I wonder if i could grow a mother in window light!!

No. Just no. 

On 14/03/2024 at 10:56, Slippy One said:

7-14 days in a propagator depending on conditions. You’ll be flowering the mum, and taking cuts to make a new mum, thus preserving the genetic/terpene profile. 

Yes

No. Just no. 

Ah well. Mother plant is a future aspiration!