Tomato feed

Celtic voyager

Evening all.

This has probably come up in discussion before, but was asked/told today that tomato feed is just as good as canna feed

Since I wasn't so sure, I did a small bit of research on the Web, but got different answers. 

So, how true is this, can canna plants be successfully fed tomato feed for a full grow.

Absolutely you can, I used this stuff on my last run. Lovely tasting pokey herb as a result. I used fishmix through veg, then the tom feed in bloom..large.IMG_20230503_212557632_HDR_copy_2304x1728.jpg.59c90d15a2a319409c8d3f6538fb2db7.jpg

large.IMG_20230405_100007733_copy_1348x2995.jpg.e18507224336d0860359fe21fc0b7d74.jpg

• Like 6

Tommy feed worked well for me in the past mate

Flower Power by far is the best non canna feed i have tried and you can use it on just about anything ! 
veg , fruit , flowers , canna !      
@murphyblue is a convert now also his outdoor & indoor runs looked awesome 👍

cheap , easy mix and powder format. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Tommy feed worked well for me in the past mate

Flower Power by far is the best non canna feed i have tried and you can use it on just about anything ! 
@murphyblue is a convert now also his outdoor & indoor runs looked awesome 👍

cheap , easy mix and powder format. 

How you keeping oldford. 

Good I hope.

I've got the flower power premium on the QVC. Thanks again for the tip to look there.

I just ask about the tomato feed, out of pure interest.

It's bio bizz products I was using up until now.

• Like 1

The soil based mineral feeds you get from the garden centre or w/e, and those you get from the grow shop, are different but not miles different.

The ones you get from the garden centre tend to be just NPK, no calcium, no magnesium, no trace elements, and relies heavily on whats in your tap water already, and the compost, for the mag, calcium and traces - the stuff you get from the grow shop is typically just part B of the brands A&B range, which means it has no calcium and less Nitrogen, but has got magnesium and trace elements and thus relies on your tap water + the compsot for its calcium and nitrogen sources, the former is typically fine but the latter usually finds soil growers using a nitrogen source through flower to keep up with demand.

• Like 6

Unfortunately the search function is pants and Google still won't link sear h results but there's an old user called @Ishmael that did a whole guide on using tomorite and his grows look pretty good. 

However, if your growing in open ground (noticed this is the gg section) liquid feeds aren't what I would use myself. 

• Like 1

@Openairbud  That gt Tom feed is basically ionic soil , not surprised you did well with it, tried n tested.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OldFord said:

@OldFord @murphyblueTrying this myself this year, just wondered if you use half dosage at the start of flowering and ramp up to the recommended dosage which i think is 5g per 4.5L ?

• Like 2

5ml/l Maxicrop  until two weeks into flower then 4ml Maxicrop 1ml Phostrogen next week 3ml MC and 2ml P and so on until 1ml MC and 4ml P till harvest .

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7833.jpg

Haven't tried it outdoors yet but I will.

IMG_7834.jpg

ATB

PR

• Like 6

On 13/03/2024 at 19:03, Zebal said:

@OldFord @murphyblueTrying this myself this year, just wondered if you use half dosage at the start of flowering and ramp up to the recommended dosage which i think is 5g per 4.5L ?

The only time i tail it off is the final week as thats plain water.     
Seen no adverse effects mate.       
Mrs OF has used it for decades now and i used it on /off for time now , im very happy with it and any left in the can ..just chuck it on the nearest plant , zero waste.

• Like 3