Tomorite tomato food.

Celtic voyager

Evening all.

This has probably come up in discussion before, but was asked/told today that tomato feed is just as good as canna feed

Since I wasn't so sure, I did a small bit of research on the Web, but got different answers. 

So, how true is this, can canna plants be successfully fed tomatoe feed for a full grow.

i used to grow out breeding stock on tomorite. it does the job, but its not as good as canna specific feeds if im honest

• Like 2

Tomorite isn't ideal but it'll work, i reckon you'd be better off using boxed miracle gro soluble if that's an avenue yer looking towards.

Toms are stupid heavy feeders and this means tomorite and such are a bit much for a lot of plants at recommended dose , lots of amateur gardeners use tomato feed for absolutely everything but at half strength.

This just unlocked a memory and I'm now off to Google smurf juice...

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I use bio bizz range myself 

Grow, calmag and bloom.

I just wanted to ask, just to get more experienced growers opinions on the subject. 

• Like 2

An old grower once told me......npk is npk! 

I use a balanced 1:1:1 in veg\ early flower and a 2:1:4 in bloom, and an occasional misting of k50. 

Educate yourself or pay through the nose ,tis the way of the world.

P.s I grow in coco ............

Edited by Mr mcgregor
  • Like 1