AC Infinity - Self-Watering Fabric Pot Base

Slippy One

Anyone tried these? I’m guessing it’s basically an autopot redesigned? 

I've got a set of these. I've only used them once with coco/clay 60/40 and liked the results. When you lift the pots, as you're meant to routinely, they're about a medium weight so overwatering isn't much of an issue. 

I did find that they needed topping up daily but watering was a breeze, no time wasted.

No not really like an autopot, it's just a basic wicking setup, could make your own for about 2.50 each with some trays, pot stands and some capillary matting/string/wick. 

Autopots work off an aquavalve, so you can hook up a huge reservoir or even to the mains, which you can't with these aci jobbies. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

What's the point in auto watering pots that need constant filling? lol

One would've guessed they'd include a float something attached to a res.. 

Anyone got any pics of their setup? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beats me mate lolI guess if your struggling with developing good watering technique they could help. 

• Haha 1

I got them originally so I could extend the time I could be away from home, I used to water the plants and then top up the reservoir. Allowed me to go away for a week or more before they’d need watering again. They’re well made, bit expensive for what they’re though.

• Like 2

It looks like a "Hempy pot" - I never thought they'd over-engineer a hole in a bucket but here we are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was having trouble tweaking my Blumat carrots perfectly to have damp coco with no runoff . They always create a small amount of runoff (sometimes loads).

Was thinking I could team these up with Blumats, fed coco and flip to irrigating from the runoff instead of wasting it, while backing off the Blumats. Probably wouldn't work, I think the water would possibly get stinky, and it was just a dumb stoned idea. I think I'll keep looking for a better solution for what keeps coco damp, as @MindSoupsuggested elsewhere, Blumats and coco don't really work, so I might try adding some compost around the carrots, maybe swap the fabric pot for a plastic one or even a battery powered solenoid valve instead of carrots.. 

• Like 1

I was just looking at mine. The res looks big enough to house an aqua valve if you wanted to automate it, although you'd need one for each plant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slippy One said:

battery powered solenoid valve instead of carrots

Bit more hands on but more control at the same time. 

Edited by MindSoup

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Bit more hands on but more control at the same time. 

Preferably an app controlled one, but when I step back from the Blumats, they’re pretty good, and I’d worry a solenoid valve would have its own fair share of issues.. 😁

Well gimmicky these , there's various permutations of these for houseplants, elho do the "best" ones if yer into that kinda thing.

:yinyang: