LED - Plants in stasis...

rememberingnever

So I built an F-series 3K panel with 4 strips...

Things were going well through veg and early flower. Plants looked healthy lush. But heavy flowering has seen very little progression for the last couple of weeks where I'm used to flowers starting to stack.

One plant out of 4 has some nice top buds but the rest of the flowers especially underneath the top still looks a similar size to 2-4 weeks in.

Also using different nutes, I wonder if I need to check co2 levels as there may not be enough air exchange. Humidity seems super low compared to normal backing up my theory that not much transpiration is happening. The fan is on its lowest setting where as under hps it'd probably on closer to full with much higher humidity levels.

I'll try get some picks up,but ATM I feel like my crops going to take 2 weeks longer minimum. Oddly same plants under a migro using the vitalink nutes are doing super well and swelling nicely.

I changed lights and nutes (trying hydrosol) so couple of changes this time. Ppfd was around 800 when I started to think hmm this is a little slow so I did up it to around 1-1200 but still not seeing any advancement. No praying leaves just flat spread out leaves.

NFT with Res at around 20 degrees. Canopy generally around 22-23 and I know some people recommend closer to 28.

I'll try get some pics but looking back at my last diary the 400w hps looks much further ahead with better looking buds!

having a bit of a muddled grow myself atm but under leds, those canopy temps should be higher, as you say, shoot for 28, remember, no IR compared to your previous HPS

I aim for 28 ambient, so 22-23 is pretty low for the canopy. Also, some of your flowers might be long flowering therefore at different speeds, unless you're using clones this will always be the case. 

Yeah you definitely need to keep the temps up a bit more with leds. Aim for around 28 and you should see an improvement. 

Another thing to note is they will take a bit more feed under led aswell.

Edited by Hazeytones

I've just finished a grow under led and temps never went above 25c so I doubt this is the problem.

Changing more than one thing at a time makes diagnosis more difficult but from what you say

I would be looking at the nutes first...have you grown this strain before?

Posted (edited)

I have ran the strains before under HPS with vitalink nutes that were used for 10+ years :D. They certainly look behind size wise compared to my previous diary. I'd say flowers look about 2-3 weeks behind in terms of the calyx's and anything under the very top of the canopy seems to be just doing nothing :D. My old mans running some migros on the vitalink nutes and his are doing amazing with temps around 23 degrees. Huge flowers. So i'm not sure its the F-Series samsung strips just lacking in something or the hydrosol atm :D.

No bleaching so far at those PPFD levels or signs of light stress flower production wise. Some pistols starting to turn on a couple of the faster finishers but the flowers still look like they got a lot to do tbh in terms of calyx's swelling up :S.

Edited by rememberingnever

I'm sure it was Bruce Bugsby or whatever his name is said its the green spectrum that gives the penetration through the leaves. Maybe your strips are lacking there.