Cinderella 99

Trashedagain77

Hey up everyone, I am interested in the original Brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 and would like to hear from folks who have grown the bona-fide versions from the Bros. I see that there are both reg and fems from the BG both currently available. I'd prefer the regs. Can anyone tell me owt, is it worth a go? thanks!  Peace. 

Don't think people had great results with the re-release tbh bud.

A few here fell for it, I mean bought some lol

✌️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, yer probably better off looking at moscas c99 bx1 if its still available :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Irrelevant, but in case it is of interest, I just grew Blimburn's version Cindy 99 and according to my memory of the original, it is pretty much the same effect.  However, instead if the sweet tropical smell that I remember from vack then, this version and pheno is more dank, skunky and rotting fruit. 

I am very pleased, but as ever, it is not the same as Mr Soul's original as I recall it.

• Like 2

I grew a few crosses from the original breeder but a hack made by a UK grower did surprisingly well outdoors for me, just one plant.Killer skunk X c99.

• Like 3

On 10/03/2024 at 12:43, BilgePump said:

Yeah, yer probably better off looking at moscas c99 bx1 if its still available :skin_up:

:yinyang:

I grew this years ago, probably around 2010/11 or something. I remember it being pretty good, down in 56 days with fruity flavours and an up high. It ticked the boxes I was looking for but I've never had the original.

• Like 4

I did have a go at the re-release , have a load of photos on an album here I believe... 

Was a lot harder to find anything close to the original though, but I did indeed find one pheno out of around 26 I ran. Pure tropical , and just how I remembered here. 

The majority were completely the opposite... We literally named it the roast dinner pheno.. between me and some close friends one thing we could all agree on was it smelt like minted lamb shanks.. madness but was indeed a very nice smoke..  

• Like 3

large_c997.jpg.5340cb83894270e9d23ef967ca9cd0d9.jpglarge_c995.jpg.2e52f16dc848fd38b5ed0a561c6f1f40.jpg
majority was this pheno.. the minted lamb shank smelling thing! lol 

• Like 6
  • WOW 1

large_c993.jpg.9c6a87f77e15c129ff18754c9d07bb32.jpglarge_c992.jpg.2a7974006038b42d8001f79dbce50278.jpg
however this is the pheno you would be looking for if want anything like the original.. was pure tropical. Was hard to find.. 

• Like 5
  • WOW 2

5 minutes ago, Happydayz said:

I did have a go at the re-release , have a load of photos on an album here I believe... 

Was a lot harder to find anything close to the original though, but I did indeed find one pheno out of around 26 I ran. Pure tropical , and just how I remembered here. 

The majority were completely the opposite... We literally named it the roast dinner pheno.. between me and some close friends one thing we could all agree on was it smelt like minted lamb shanks.. madness but was indeed a very nice smoke..  

The meaty one is sounding like the one I have kinda. Ummami cold, it has a pretty nice skunky smell when she's heated, but no tropical...

Is the Brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 nothing like the original now?

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

The meaty one is sounding like the one I have kinda. It has a pretty nice skunky smell when she's heated, but no tropical...

Is the Brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 nothing like the original now?

Yea could be that one for sure.. she also had no tropical going on. just as mentioned, more of a sunday roast dinner thing going on.

However check post above.. there is still that pheno to be found, took a few packs for me to get that one pheno that i was after though. But she was indeed pure tropical. 

• Like 2

There is a 1000 page thread on another international (cough) forum on the hunt for the original c⁹⁹

The outcome was...thank fuck for the little breeders keeping their stock going!! 

Either fleur de mal or joey weed seeds give you the best chance of the pineapple/ tropical fruit/metalic skunk phenos of the original release

• Like 8

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

There is a 1000 page thread on another international (cough) forum on the hunt for the original c⁹⁹

The outcome was...thank fuck for the little breeders keeping their stock going!! 

Either fleur de mal or joey weed seeds give you the best chance of the pineapple/ tropical fruit/metalic skunk phenos of the original release

I don't follow the other boards to be honest, but sounds like people are struggling more then I did to find that tropical one they want so much.. 

Not tried any other for c99 so can't comment on fleur de mal or joeys, or moscas for that matter. 

All I will say is, its still possible to find it from brothers grimm gear as I was fortunate enough to find her... and she was indeed pure tropical and lovely too boot. and as you can see from pictures was much different to the majority of what you find in the re-release these days. only took me a few packs in the same run and she was there. 

• Like 3

I've grown the C99 from Fleur du Mal. It was pretty nice with an up energetic high probably unsurpisingly very reminiscent of Jack Herrer with a piney smell. There was a tropical hint to it at one point, it either faded or became more prominent after a cure.  The high was much better after a long cure

Edited by growitandsmokeit
  • Like 4