Newbie greenhouse grow questions

iusedtobeskyblue

I'm in Ireland and about to purchase an 18sq metre  greenhouse made from PC . This will be my first outdoor grow and not sure what to expect. What kind of temperatures should I expect? I'm retired so have plenty of time for moving plants in and out in their pots as temperatures fluctuate. I'm thinking maybe to have a digital thermometer linked to my phone to notify me once temps go over a certain point and bring them outdoors until it cools down. Any tips and advice appreciated 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gimps said:

Ventilation, ventilation and ventilation..😁

Windows and doors open is as good as it'll get as far as ventilation is concerned. I'd imagine even with doors and windows  open temps would get above 30 on a hot day?

• Like 1

Can you access an electrical point as a big circulating fan would be a great addition if you're away from others (smell). I'd also ensure that the greenhouse is well built and anchored because wind these days is getting pretty powerful at times.

Edited by Clubs
Spelling
  • Like 2

Temps will be manageable , air flow & humidity will be the downfall.

open windows are fine when theres a breeze

.Sadly very few folk can manage to get them home safely in a g/h or tunnel ... just check diaries to confirm this.

my best advice would be to start them and flower them in g/h , once they develop bud .... get them outside ! 

Genetics will play a major part also -  some hardier than others.

All the best with it , get a diary going and try enjoy it as much as you can whilst learning along the way  👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

my best advice would be to start them and flower them in g/h , once they develop bud .... get them outside

+1 once they're in bud the only time you want them under cover is when it's raining. Great for veg though. 

• Like 1

Having done a few runs under plastic i can concur with the above statements, rot n bot will be yer worst enemies.

I found stuff with black domina in it to be quite mould resistant, maple leaf indica too.

Expert bd x mli was bomb proof :skin_up:

Dinafem critical was the worst for rot i found, like proper bad.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

As said above , it's not so much the temps , but high humidity once in full flower that needs attention. My greenhouse can get to around 40°.

I suffered rot last season in my greenhouse with the door and roof fully open 24/7 , although it was a terrible summer.

This year I'm rigging up a large fan to help with circulation and I'm hoping this helps.

Best of luck 😀

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 4

I'd love to be able to give you some additional advice but its all kinda been said in the above messages.

It's the high humidity and air flow late in flower that tends to ruin most G/H grows.

Getting to G/H securely anchored down is a must and is often over looked.

Most importantly have fun and enjoy your newfound hobby 👍

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 1