New carbon filter

screrg

Areet all,

My carbo air filter is failing as usually smell zero in the groom but noticed it was gettng whiffylast week. I've stuck a 5" spare on the floor in the tent which has sorted it for now but need a new 6" one to hang in the tent. Used this carbo air one for years without issue but just seeing what the opinions are of them now.

A good few people recommend Carboair but I just stick with Mountain Airs, I don't know if there is much price difference but they last absolutely ages ime.

• Like 2

Search function is fucked still so can't find it, but there was a long thread a while ago questioning the quality of carbo air. Someone had one fail prematurely and then the CS fed them some bullshit about minimum air flow or something. Carbo air = piece of shit was the title iirc. 

From what I remember it wasn't a unanimous agreement, but if I'm paying that much money I wouldn't want any doubts, especially for something so crucial. 

• Like 1

CarboAir 60’s in particular are excellent filters.

I’ve got 2(a 6” and an 8”) of them and they’re still going great coming up around 3 years old(I think lol).

Remember it’s possible that problems have occurred with copies of the original ;) 

Here’s the thread @MindSoup 

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

You could refill it.....I did mine.bought enough granulated carbon to do 2 150x300 filters for less than £40, a UK supplier too,lol

• Like 2

Yeah I've  never owned one myself and I can't disagree that plenty of people use them and have had good experiences, but I've had good experiences with literally the cheapest filters you can buy so that alone doesn't justify a higher price tag in my eyes. 

Copy or not I just didn't like the absolute nonsense the sales rep was trying to use to explain the issue, never seen any other manufacturer talk about needing a minimum amount of air flow. If what he said is true then the filters not fit for purpose, if it isn't they can't be trusted. Either way it was enough to put me off, I have no neighbours so odour management is less crucial for me than most, but I still don't feel comfortable taking the potential risk.  

Like I say mixed opinions, but for a CF I want a unanimous thumbs up or a low enough price tag that I can keep back ups in stock. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KC said:

Mountain Airs, I don't know if there is much price difference but they last absolutely ages ime.

:yes:

Don't know about prices ranges and options at all either -  I just buy one of these. Never failed me.

...I chicken out before they do and replace at about the 2.5 to 3 year point, but they've never given up by then

• Like 2

I've mostly used rhino pro filters, although there have been bad reports about them over time I've always had good ones that last a fair while. I did get a mountain air once and that was good too.

• Like 3

Yeah from what I gather any issues with the Rhinos is a thing of the past, haven't seen a bad review for at least 3 years

• Like 4

When I was first starting up Rhinos were in a bad spell after being considered the best previously. The shop I'm going to has carbo air or Rhino with Rhino half the price so think I'll give them a try. I have a spare one that will do a job bt that'll be getting on now so will see how the Rhino does and get a spare one if they're okay. Handy to have another one for drying and trimming. Defo rather be over prepared for the whiff.

• Like 2

I got a 4inc rhino pro for drying tent couple yr old still going strong too 💪