Cooling mat for dwc would it work?

MrGreenfinga

My dog has a cooling mat and she loves it when pressure and heat it applied it cools down the gel inside

so i was wonder because i got a small dwc bucket holds about a gallon of water  3,5 liters 

if i placed it on the mat wouldnt it cool down the rez?

havd anyone considered this before?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KC said:

Give it a go, if it works send my apologies to the dog :blub:

I was planning on buying a new one dont worry 😂

got a question 

this is my second grow first one failed and I realised some slight discolouration on my roots yesterday 

today plant seems just OK 

roots got browner and a little bit of slime appeared i have been using 12% h2o2 

at 1ml/L since i started this grow 

and it still doesn’t do shit 

now i took my pipette and dripped some on the roots it sizzled a bit i dont care if it kills the plant i just want this shit to go away 

rez temps had been luke warm i wouldent even call it that just slightly warm for 2-3 days 

and it fucked up i got plenty aeration using a 1,3L/Min pump and a airstone 

A little bit of light may penetrate the lid because its white but if the hydrogen worked as if should there would be no problem i believe 

please enlighten me im about to give up on this dwc shit

Edited by MrGreenfinga

29 minutes ago, MrGreenfinga said:

please enlighten me

DWC temps need to be 18c - 20c so most people use a chiller. Once rot sets in you're fighting a losing battle,

best to bin it and start again.

Your idea of the mat won't work I'm afraid bud as the mat and gel will rise to room temps.

I got out of dwc as root rot is one of the main problems with it.

Have a look at my GAVIE system and you'll see how I've overcome root temps being so critical.