Circulation Fan Locations

NormanNugget

Looking for some advice on setting up circulation fans.

I have a 90x90 tent with a 500w LED that is about 80x80. Extraction fan and filter mounted at the top of the tent, two tube heaters and heat mat at the bottom.

I will soon have 4no 6” clip on fans. These can be controlled by an AC Infinity 69 pro controller.

Can someone advise how to locate the fans and give me an idea of schedule and whether there’s any reason to use a smart controller on any linked to humidity or temp?

• Like 1

Initially I am thinking two fans on constant one fan at the bottom oscillating to push the warm air around, 1 above the LED fixed aiming down at the driver. 

The other two just above and below the canopy, maybe with an automation to ramp up slightly when humidity rises. These would probably both be oscillating.

• Like 2

Sounds like a good plan to me, all bases covered. 

• Like 1

Just don't do what I did and have a fan constantly blowing on a tube heater, it caused mine to work hard to maintain its own temp that is safe cut itself off, it had to be turned off at the wall to reset it.

Oscillating past them is fine tho👍

• Thanks 1

Just stuck my bottom fan in, currently it’s as low as possible so at the same level as my seedlings. 

@Military Grade it’s only level 1 and oscillating so should be grand with the heaters. 

This is how I’m currently set up.

large.IMG_6445.jpeg.f8c6a84bf241bbffa6439ce712650151.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks mint mate. I opted for one big pedestal fan in a 1.2x1.2m tent. Not my best decision, it uses too much precious floor space and creates a hurricane. I aim it at the side of the tent on its lowest setting. it works, but I think multiple smaller fans above and below the canopy would be better. Maybe connect a few to an Inkbird (or similar) for hotter days.

• Like 2

@Lux_Interior

If you’re looking for small circulation fans mine are AC Infinity Cloudray S6, but if a thread about them here:

At the moment it seems like if you buy the gen 1s you can then claim replacement gen 2s directly from AC Infinity in the US.

1 hour ago, NormanNugget said:

@Lux_Interior

If you’re looking for small circulation fans mine are AC Infinity Cloudray S6, but if a thread about them here:

At the moment it seems like if you buy the gen 1s you can then claim replacement gen 2s directly from AC Infinity in the US.

Cheers dude. I have tried to find bigger clip on fans. I bought some 8" fans but the bloomin' blades were still the same size as my six inch ones albeit with a larger cage. Rip off merchants. I guess the laws of physics mean a clip on fan for a 1" pole can only support so much weight. :unsure: I'm toying with the idea of suspending a larger fan from the ceiling of my tent. However, with an extractor fan and a filter along with suspension cables it gets a bit crowded up there quite quickly.

I have joined mars hydro exctracion fan with a diffuser and i think its a perfect setup in a square tent. 

the gray one in the corner is out now

AP1GczNP48ZnRoELXeffPg1ZhjSF9pk1wif3-Xwt

Edited by doominik
  • Like 1