Ec (do I don't I?)

MrG.

Hi all

I've checked my water ec and it's at 724. My nutrients suggests an ec between 1.5 and 2.2.

Q: When I've added my nutrients do I subtract the 724 and add more nutrients if needed to reach the desired ec?

I'm using Ionic Grow.

Tia

Edited by MrG.
Corrected paragraph

Does not compute!. if your water ec is 724 you have far bigger problems. I'd imagine your water should be in the range of .0.2 to perhaps 0.7. Where in the country are you? Hard or soft water area?

Edited by monkeypig

1 hour ago, MrG. said:

I'm using Ionic Grow.

i'm using this, your tap water is easier to measure in the 0.2 way for example, mine is 0.2, it hovers at 0.1 but eventually it's 0.2. i use 1ml of cal mag to compensate for soft water, and then add my nutes to get to 1.8, it was at 1.6 when they were smaller. this is around 7-8 ml iirc, i'm now in bloom, it takes just over 90ml to hit 1.8 with the cal mag.

good job ionics is cheap and that rate lol

mine reads 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc, so you'll have to work it out or get a different pen, i have the blue lab one and it's brilliant.

0.2 is my water at the tap