Setup dilemma

sweettooth

So new tent is up and fits very snuggly in the loft, 1.2 x 2.4 x 2.2 and has about an inch around the top edges, loads of height to play with. 

HOWEVER......

My plan is to have 3 lights, 2 x 600 HPS either side of my Lumatek 465. I've got a few days before i need to collect my plants so doing a few dry runs and placing kit to ensure it fits and is setup correctly (I'm definitely an over thinker!!!!) 

large.20240226_201819.jpg.4e5331dbda5f02d34d636b97c4ca20b2.jpg

The plan was to use the 10 inch (250mm) carbo air 60 and the 10 inch vector v2 and 10 inch phonic ducting I picked up in the sales about 4 years ago but the filter is the 1000mm version so insanely long and won't fit at the end with a right angle solid duct elbow, it may even be too big to go at the top. I did want lights as high as possible but could drop them a few inches and use what I have.

The max air flow of the v2 is 1787, the max airflow of the 1000m filter is 3100 so I reckon I can get away with downsizing to the 660 length, (still max air flow of 2000). Means it would perfectly at the end with a n elbow, just means sucking up the cost of a different filter unless the shop guy would swap me or I try and sell it.

The other option is downsizing everything to 8 inch (200mm) but thats just a waste of dollar and I'd be stuck with a 10inch setup. I wanted to oversize so it could run quieter.

Someone give me some sound advice please.

get the 660?

keep the 1000 and run it all length ways, 8ve got all the collars?

run 3 lights?

🤔

That amount of light will generate a lot of heat, difficult to control especially in summer.

I would lose the two hps and install another led which should cover that area and save a ton on leccy.

It will also allow you to turn the fan down and reduce filter size...good luck...:yep:

• Like 4

I was thinking it might be overpowered light wise.  I have the same space and only use 800w of led at full power and seems to be enough.

• Like 2

I wanted the hps as it's quite cold up there and only really suitable for led for 3 months of the year. hoods are air cooled so can run separate 6 inch ec fan to remove excess heat. I think I'll keep the 10 inch but downsize the filter to 660 as it will fit in. in a smaller tent I ran the 465 led and a 600w hps and was good setup. no point in spanking money. I do also have an attis 300w pro I can always swap out a hps for or reduce the 600 hps to 400w.

• Like 3

may blow through the filter instead and mount it outside the tent, will get a 250mm eu3 pre filter so i dont dust up the fan and inside of filter. the filter is way more capable of air flow than the fan is, its not as it i can pump up of th eloft easily so will remove a few bricks for air flow, that way i get the full size of the tent, full height