First time growing outdoors

Johncarr

Hi just looking for some advice on growing outdoors in uk , such as which strains are the best , whether to use auto flowers or not , just looking for as much advice as possible , it would be much appreciated 🙌

• Like 4

You’ll want to spread the risk by planting a mix of varieties and yes do some photos and autos :) 

You just don’t know exactly what Mother Nature will bring ⛈️🌦️🌧️🌨️🌬️🌤️☀️

I’m an indoor grower generally,

but outdoor folks such as @Revive and @OldFord @Stigofthedank etc will drop by with their knowledge 🖖

Atb

Ps. I meant to say Welcome to UK420 🎉

☯️

Edited by Shumroom
ETA welcome
  • Like 5

What Lat are you ?      Where you growing ?   garden / field      What you looking for  -  indica / sativa  / hybrid  ?

• Like 5

@Johncarr welcome to uk420

Can I ask what it is your are trying to achieve? Aside from the obvious of growing some weed of course.

I mean are you just wanting to grow a small bit just for the experience or is your aim to achieve self sufficiency until the growing season comes around again next year.

Where are you planning to grow, in your garden in pots or a full on guerilla plot out in the wild?

Do you have any growing experience at all like indoors? 

Where in the UK are you, North, south, east, west whats your lat?

Happy to give you some advice but a bit more info is needed first.

Be lucky :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 5

Read some diaries from the last couple of years, you'll see what works and what doesn't and what strains are most reliable. Personally I like to grow genetics that have been bread outdoors in northern climates, think UK, Skandanavia, Canada, Northern Europe, Russia etc. 

• Like 5

Well the team turned up and delivered :pitchfork: welcome to uk420 :D

Mate you are in the right place with the right people and full of all disciplines, styles and methods and sure you will find something that is to your needs 

similar to all the above mentioned questions back to you from fellow members it’s about what you want to achieve and where you are set (lat, garden, city, sticks, blah blah) and you will get a more detailed answer,

to answer your question basically and easily I would plant all bars, autos of strains you like, fast versions and normals as well as beds holes etc as one thing works well in one location setting etc and be no good in another, as someone said read through old diaries plenty to go at and don’t be afraid to ask!!

welcome and big ups for joining, 

stig

• Like 5