3 day holiday mid-grow

pitchatent

Hi everyone,

I've decided to start a few smaller staggered pots of autoflowers to fill my tent up in a sort of sea of green type situation over the next few months, but I'm going on holiday for 3 nights in May.  I'd rather not use a timer on my LED light (or is it ok to use a timer on a dimmable LED light?  I'm a bit unsure about the power coming on and off from the timer plug and not from the switch on the led light itself).

I don't have anyone to take care of my setup so my dilemma is do I leave my leds running and leave the lights on 24/7 for the 3 days i'm gone, or is it safer to leave the plants in the dark for 3 days?  It's a soil grow so I'll water the day I leave, not worried about plants drying out at all but wondering if 3 days in the dark will be ok for them in the middle / towards the end of their life.

Any help or advice much appreciated!  If they will survive 3 days in the dark I'm inclined to go that way unless anyone can warn me of a reason not to?  As they're autoflowers they'll be on a fairly solid 18/6 light routine between now and when I go away for 3 days.

Thanks all!

timers are fine with a dimmable led light, just set the light to the intensity you want and leave the led switched on and let the timer switch it on and off

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Woozy said:

timers are fine with a dimmable led light, just set the light to the intensity you want and leave the led switched on and let the timer switch it on and off

Ah thanks so much Woozy, in that case I'll invest in a timer and that's me sorted!  Cheers!

just make sure the timer can handle the wattage of your light, they can usually handle way more than most lights but best to check

• Like 1