JUST IN - Germany's parliament votes to legalize Cannabis for recreational use; 407 voted in favor, and 226 against.

awesomesauce

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/germanys-parliament-approves-marijuana-legalization-bill/

Germany’s parliament has officially approved a bill to legalize marijuana nationwide.

Two days after the cannabis legislation was considered by eight committees of the Bundestag, the full body voted 407-226 on final passage on Friday.

The bill—which will make possession and home cultivation legal and authorize social clubs that can distribute marijuana to members—now heads to the Bundesrat, a separate legislative chamber that represents German states, though its members cannot stop the reform from being enacted.

While supporters have said legalization would take effect in April if it’s enacted, there are new questions about that timeline. The Bundesrat may move to refer the legislation to a mediation committee to address criminal justice-related implications of the law, which could mean several months of additional discussion.

• Like 7

UK's living in the dark ages with this, I'd love to know why they're so set against it, well apart from them lining their pockets with the export of cannabis from this country.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

UK's living in the dark ages with this, I'd love to know why they're so set against it, well apart from them lining their pockets with the export of cannabis from this country.

I think you may have answered your own question, at least in part! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mystic_roots it's exactly the same with peat , we're still gonna be cutting it for sale in Europe, just we won't be able to buy it domestically. :nope:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

@mystic_roots it's exactly the same with peat , we're still gonna be cutting it for sale in Europe, just we won't be able to buy it domestically. :nope:

Are there many bogs in the UK that cut peat from the top of bogs? Looking on google earth it's hard to find any large bog in England. Other European trucks come to Ireland for baled peat.

47 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

many bogs

No there actually aren't, Somerset has a long history of peat cutting though. (Durstons being the one i see the most)

Pretty much all the peat we're  at our g.c selling is from yer government anyway (bord na mona) , either them or Westland Erin.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

No there actually aren't, Somerset has a long history of peat cutting though. (Durstons being the one i see the most)

Pretty much all the peat we're  at our g.c selling is from yer government anyway (bord na mona) , either them or Westland Erin.

Alright, I don't mean to be pedantic, but you're not cutting your own peat domestically and selling it abroad. It's imported. 

The bill passed in Germany was a long time coming. It seems any change to cannabis laws are extremely slow and the government(s) drag their heels. They'll speak from both sided of their mouth, advocating for change, but cautious about change. 

• Like 3

@Michael Luchóg yer absolutely right, im being ridiculous.

The very minute amount involved doesn't go beyond the domestic market anyway and its pretty much phased out these days as it is.

• Like 1

The UK Government is so pathetic, that they had a piece run in The Express (just don't mention Diana's death, etc...) a couple of days before.  Today, multiple political actors, including Boris Johnson's former advisor (on LinkedIn) posted links to that article, claiming in their words that the government had to clamp down HARD on drugs to prevent more problems!  Also claiming that violent crime was caused by drugs! Ha ha!

I called him out on the timing and content, as did most of the people posting on it.  It's so laughable.

We could - one day - be alone with China, Korea and Russia in being the last countries to legalise.  How the UK's evidence varies so widely from that generated by Europe and the USA, I just don't know.  Well, I think GW Pharmaceuticals PPP with the Government in the UK has a lot to do with it.  Geoffrey Guy of GW did after all write the 26-point plan for regulation of cannabinoids which the government used.  Virtually every piece of governmental and 'independent' read government-sponsored study seems to bring up GW's "facts" and "statistics".

For example, did you know something like 26 people died from using cannabis / CBD?  No? That's because they didn't, but GW claims those statistics, including medicines they made which included cannabinoids in the survey.  Amazingly, they don't know what some of them died of and they can't even state the gender of half of them.  It's a fucking joke.

If you want to find out more, follow Cefyn Jones on LinkedIn.  He's pursuing the FSA, Home Office and others who gatekeep the industry with something like 20 FOIs and is writing a book about how New Labour, the Tories and minor gentry have been involved in keeping cannabis illegal, forming the anti-cannabis 'Skunk Narrative' and more.  It's going to be an interesting ride for the next 5 years or so I reckon.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 5