DIY no syphonic valve?

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

I have a DIY system for irrigation when out of town. A bucket and a water pump which I can connect to a timer or WiFi. I can put 5l equivalent to one irrigation ( every 2-3 days).

So the system can work fine for 1 week.

Now. If I add more water, when the pump stop the syphonic system continue working draining out all the water till the same level.

So I am not sure how to use the system for more waterings.

My only idea at the moment is to use the gutter system dropping water at a higher point and for gravity will fall down to the pots. When the electricity is cut out there is no risk of Syphon effect....but the irrigation distribution is rubbish.

Any idea if exist a no syphonic valve to connect to an aquarium water pump for this purpose?

I dont want to buy easy2 or similar systems but thinking about 2 weeks irrigation DIY strategies.

Btw will be in week 5-6 flowering

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Any idea if exist a no syphonic valve to connect to an aquarium water pump for this purpose?

using keywords from your own post ("no syphon valve") I found exactly what you're asking about, in a single click of the mouse... But you don't have to get that fancy, you can just make a small hole, use an insert nipple, or an autopot connector, to allow some of the solution to bleed back into the "tank" (or bucket in this case) so that when the pump turns off, it allows air to enter the line and stop the syphon.

Come on mate, must try harder.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, GSZZ said:

using keywords from your own post ("no syphon valve") I found exactly what you're asking about, in a single click of the mouse... But you don't have to get that fancy, you can just make a small hole, use an insert nipple, or an autopot connector, to allow some of the solution to bleed back into the "tank" (or bucket in this case) so that when the pump turns off, it allows air to enter the line and stop the syphon.

Come on mate, must try harder.

Very well said!!!

I am so blind from time to time.

Just a simple hole in an aquarium pump and it works.

Much appreciated the help!