New light

screrg

Hi all,

I've got a grow on the grow in a 120x120 tent. It's 2 weeks into flower, a single plant in a big ass pot and looks really good. The light I'm using is a blurple 350W LED from 13/14 years ago when ppl were just starting to swith from HPS. Love the light and it's been great and v.reliable but am going to be getting a new one. Thought next grow but if I get one now it'll have a chance to work it's magic on this current grow as they're just starting to develop flowers and dust up.

I've bought a lot of AC infinity stuff so was thinking of getting one of theirs so I can link it into the controller and have all the gear the same. Anyone got any experience with their lights? Any good? Are there better brands/lights available? I'm looking for the best possible one so not married to the AC brand so any advice on anything better out there would be a massive help. I have another tent on flower with 2 x PAR+ 275 LEDs from the former site sponsors and they are class. Any help v.welcome.

The ACI controller is compatible with many different lights so don't let linking everything up be a factor.

Saying that, their lights do look pretty sick with the new EVO chips. I'm in the market for one myself and am torn between the AC EVO8 | Migro Array 5x5 | Prowgrow 1800

If you are looking for the best possible, rather than value. I'd certainly make sure they have the Samsung EVO chips as they are the best on the market right now, developed specifically for growing medicinal plants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darXound said:

The ACI controller is compatible with many different lights so don't let linking everything up be a factor.

Saying that, their lights do look pretty sick with the new EVO chips. I'm in the market for one myself and am torn between the AC EVO8 | Migro Array 5x5 | Prowgrow 1800

If you are looking for the best possible, rather than value. I'd certainly make sure they have the Samsung EVO chips as they are the best on the market right now, developed specifically for growing medicinal plants

Looking at the IONFRAME EVO6, Samsung LM301H EVO Commercial LED Grow Light, 500W, 4X4 FT . I'm assuming the number after teh EVO is just the size of the light/tent? Very likely I'll get this one and have it delivered Monday as I'm at home then. The tree I've got in there stretched like a mother fucker and the light penetration of the old LED I've got in there won't do the plant justce so that's why I'm getting it now rather than next grow. I'll stick a pic up of her later. Been looking at supplimentary lights for the sides as never bothered before but with the size of her think it might be worth it. You have any experience with these? Cheers for the info.

Edited by screrg
  • Like 1

The thing that would worry me looking at its par map is the difference between the middle and the far corners, and then when you factor in having to turn it down because the middle is far to high how low the ppfd will be around the edges.

• Like 2

Just a quick search brings the Ionframe evo6 up at £600, you can get a Migro Array 500w for £450 at the moment from one of the larger led shops online, it's in the UK too so no import charge. Shouldn'ty be hard to find.

I doubt many people have much experience with the Ionframe as it's pretty new.

edit- The Migro unit has way more diodes too meaning they should last longer as they're the same wattage lights.

Edited by KC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, screrg said:

I'm assuming the number after teh EVO is just the size of the light/tent?

It looks to be related to the number of led bars rather than the size of the tent.

I have no experience, I'm still using hps - just been doing a lot of research.

The AC is my current front runner as the LEDs are the best. I like the migro because the double diodes makes it more efficient as it gives each led less power (hitting an efficiency sweet spot and increasing lifespan).. and the growpro interests me as it's the best value and I'm skint af

• Like 1

I wasn't too impressed with the PAR maps for the AC Infinity EVO models, too much drop-off at the edges. They look the bollix in terms of quality and efficiency but the price point doesn't justify the uneven spread. MIGRO fixtures have a far better coverage and they're cheaper too.

Regardless, whatever light you choose, it's a good idea to have a light meter rather than guessing. They're only around £20 so worth thinking about.

• Like 2

Aye, having looked at the intensity spread it's pretty shit. I've got 2 PAR 275 + a few weeks ahead of the tree over 4 plants.

large.20240221_193958.jpg.496c484af642fc1375dc43a5755e9000.jpg

I've got the bigger buds around the edges in a bowl type shape and by moving the lights around and tilting them along with lightly supercropping where needs be the coverage for everywhere in there is between 11000-8500. Having less than half of the stregth around the edges compared to the centre doesn't apeal at all so might go for 2 lights I can adjust rather than a board. Looking to get this done asap as the tree has stopped the stretch and lollipopped it tonight.

large.20240221_201413.jpg.f97bbe15b884d1b98d55cd8f00c90d7f.jpglarge.20240221_201424.jpg.39915a77c475d66252cbbd7cb366c5f0.jpg

She's in a 90x90 net as the old light is ancient and 350W so not equiped for flowering any bigger than that.

large.20240221_201453.jpg.45a60421262f9174148a6aba37014a09.jpg

Think she'll thrive under a newer modern LED so will have a look at the suggestions on here and site sponsor's too. I'm working themoro and Fri but then have 10 days off so looking to get a new one Mon or Tues and plenty of time to get it right. Might trim a bit more from the bottom but with a new light built for a 120x120 might just tie them out a bit and open things up for the light to get through. Gonna look into supplimentary side lights too so if anyone has advice on the effectiveness of those would love to hear it. These are all triple cheese and the 4 plants are still at least 4 weeks from finsihing but are looking really good and smelling and dusting up real nice. Cheers for the replies as always 😎

• Like 1