Lights didn't go off.

Rhubarb & Flustered

Just a quick one, plants are in weeks 3 flowering (7pm-7am) & the leccy tripped last night & I only just got back and realised what happened, so they've been on for 18hrs (just turned them off)

So my question is, what if damage have I done to them or would just the 1 light (user) failure be ok ?

Thanks in advance.

Dont worry about it and just carry on as per normal

If you 6 hrs into night time then if your worried wait about 18 hrs before going back to 12/12 and letting them turn on - if you want to get back to same 12/12 schedule.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, highgrower said:

Dont worry about it and just carry on as per normal

If you 6 hrs into night time then if your worried wait about 18 hrs before going back to 12/12 and letting them turn on - if you want to get back to same 12/12 schedule.

Thanks for the quick reply HG but dammit, I turned them off. Do you think I should just leave them now, they'd be turning on again at 7pm so will only get 6hrs dark ?

Oh and Telos are full of shit, the light does keep the schedule but it doesn't keep to it unless you connect the app back up. I'm a dickhead though because I should've done all that just to be safe after it tripped.

I had similar issues with some "smart" plug/power strips, any time the WiFi or the power dropped out which is quite a lot at my house they would forget everything until I repaired them with my phone, ended up going back to the trusty 8 quid Morrisons timers. 

As @highgrower says they should hopefully be fine, I've had plenty of light schedule issues in the past and none of them have done much harm. I'm sure there's some potential for it trigger any hermi traits though so keep an eye out for those little green bananas. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah my eyes will be peeled. 

I've been waiting to trim all the lower shit and some leaves, am I right in thinking that I'll be good to do that in the next week or so ?  I've previously just let the grow with a bit of bending but that's a no go with these mandarin panties as I've got 4 in the tent and they've filled it nicely. I've not had a single bad seedstockers plant, they tend to grow themselves pretty much.

Give them the same amount of dark they've had in excess light, so in this case 18 hrs, then carry on 12/12 as normal. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Give them the same amount of dark they've had in excess light, so in this case 18 hrs, then carry on 12/12 as normal. 

I wish I could but I'm away to work tonight for a few days and the Mrs doesn't know how to reset it.  Going to have to risk the lights coming back on at 7 & praying.

Tapo Smart plugs ftw, never had a problem with them, all your settings are stored on the plug to a memory chip. Power cuts or no Internet is never an issue with them.

My mum tripped the electric sockets the other day because she spilled her drink onto a multiplug. Only thing that needed amending after was the clock on the microwave, oh and drying the multiplug lol

• Like 1

Other light and heaters are all on smart plugs, but this was a balls up on my part, toaster exploded & I'm a moron.  Telos are still bullshitting bastards, love the light though 🥰

• Like 1

I trim

8 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Oh yeah my eyes will be peeled. 

I've been waiting to trim all the lower shit and some leaves, am I right in thinking that I'll be good to do that in the next week or so ?  I've previously just let the grow with a bit of bending but that's a no go with these mandarin panties as I've got 4 in the tent and they've filled it nicely. I've not had a single bad seedstockers plant, they tend to grow themselves pretty much.

Trim that, i usually trim after 10 to 14 days,actually it takes 4 days as am lazy to do it at once lol

As others said 18h is fine, 2 or 3 days could reverse them.