Calling on Led Bar/Strip light builders

SCfarmer

I want to replace my 1000w HPS . So i looked into this a while ago and the best were Samsung F strips.
Now when i google them i see dual diode and single diode? What is best to use strip wise, are there any better alternatives?

My goal is to build a square fitting with strips leaving a gap in the center for my 315CMH

Really no idea what strips to buy but i do want to be producing 700w of light for this space. Maybe even some lower intensity side panels to really maximise penetration 

I have no problems building and wiring the light i am just not sure what parts to use. i want to get optimum light in a 1.5m2 roof cube. (5ftx5ft)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

I think it makes sense to have a look at power supply units first,

then kinda work backwards.

Digikey and Arrow are good for bits and bobs.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with 👍

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

I think it makes sense to have a look at power supply units first,

then kinda work backwards.

Digikey and Arrow are good for bits and bobs.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with 👍

Atb

Power supplies aren't an issue for me as I will just get what I need ( I work in electrical industry) just not sure what I need 😂/best led  for growing from digikey, most cost effective /par output.

Interesting project! Am I getting this right, you want to run a metal halide + led strips?

As far as the diodes go, what are the f strips using? I think the current market leader for efficiency is the LM301H EVO diode so look out for those

9 hours ago, darXound said:

Interesting project! Am I getting this right, you want to run a metal halide + led strips?

As far as the diodes go, what are the f strips using? I think the current market leader for efficiency is the LM301H EVO diode so look out for those

Correct, CMH are imo the best lights for growing right now( yield and terpene production) so long as you can get rid of the heat as these babies run hot. i have two of them in a 1.2 which is harder to cool than my 1000w HPS Dominator XL . Just run a bunch of clones and the CMH tent produced far stockier plants with dense fully formed buds, that absolutely stink. The HPS tent despite being lower canopy temperature has produced bigger buds but they are not as well formed or dense. smell is noticeably different.
I then saw a side by side of 630w CMH and 1000HPS and the 630s produced higher yield and better product. Draw backs are needing at 3-4ft distance from canopy which i cannot do. I cant link the side by side because its on another popular forum R***IT*P. the side by side is using Pineapple Chunk

Anyway a 315 by itself is not too bad to cool maybe even in summer but only has a foot print of .9x.9m for flowering ( at best) so the plan is to Build a Square frame .95x.95 which will give me enough room for 8 strips, 400W i am getting more set on the "High Light 420 LED Strips" which look to be the best LED config money can buy right now. These are not cheap either and come from Australia. this will go in my 1.2 
In my 1.5 i will either build the same kind of thing but slightly larger profile or go will building a full 16 strip 800w fitting ( split into 2 400W for ease)
specs of strips are
Australian Designed and Made
Up to 3.19 umol/j Efficiency

PAR+ Spectrum – 390-780nm
1% UVA and 10% Far Red
3200K CRI95
Waterproof

Up to 70W each when mounted to a heatsink
Up to 48V@1.44A each
480mm x 50mm x 1.6mm
Single or double wired with heat-proof (130C), chemical-proof 20AWG (0.5mm) wire

Each strip has 108 LEDs – 96x Nichia 3030 (white), 2x Nichia 405nm UVA, 4x 730nm Far Red and 6x 660nm Red – and can be wired in parallel or series.

Sorry the side by side is not on that Forum. its on another by easy to find searching "pineapple chunk CMH side by side"  for anyone interested

The germans have a system that's mounted on custom extruded aluminium profile frames and consists of different led panel modules the main ones being 100% lm301h then others with different colours like red, ir, uv etc, ...trying to remember the name... there was lots of information on the German grow forum,  discussions about configurations etc. The system, panels etc all just bolt together like meccano. 

Crescience fluxengine evo 

Edited by inceywinceyspider
  • Like 2

I'm thinking of doing something similar for next winter, basically building a frame to hold my scope strips with the cmh in the middle.

I couldn't help with the strips to use as I'll just be using my scope but interested to see what you come up with because there's maybe a year or so left in them before they are at the end of their life.

Do the drivers have the same lifespan as the diodes? Or can I replace the strips at some stage and continue using the same drivers? 

Good luck with the build mate.

1 hour ago, inceywinceyspider said:

Crescience fluxengine evo 

These look very interesting.

• Like 2

Yeah, they have a lot of good stuff and ideas for large tents and smaller setups.

Will follow along for this, gave up trying to build something a while back. Got a driver!😂

So I have done some costings on what I want to build and to be fair building with the latest tech strips or boards is going to be around the same as buying a complete fitting!

What it looks like I am going to go with is 16x 50w strips with Far reds, and UV diodes Cre 95

Edited by SCfarmer