Cheap, Pure Water

darXound

First up, hello y'all! Really excited for finding this forum!

I found this incredibly useful company (I am in no way connected, i'm just really excited about them and have a sign up code that gets us both free water :) ) called Spotless Water. They sell 0 TDS water at less than 4p a litre. It's like a petrol pump, just roll up and fill up. They give you a referral code that gets you 250 litres free.

I needed somewhere like this as I won't be installing an RO system anytime soon, and pure water is mad expensive if you buy it pre-packaged. Far too expensive to run a humidifier!.... So these guys are a blessing. I've been adding it to tap water to bring my EC down to 0.4 with great results. Might start my next grow using if for full watering and taking full control of my girls nutrition. I imagine it would be perfect for Hydro systems.

Edited by lildaveham
Link and code removed

I’m excited for you, where I live, humidity is 90% outdoors and 70% indoors. And pure water is great but only if tap water isn’t working for you. 1.6ml /L of mono mg makes my tap water perfect for my ladies 🥳

• Like 1

My tapwater isn't too bad, but humidity inside is a pretty constant 45 :( My humidifier needs so much water! Tap water is like 450ish ppm, so i'm using the pure water as an 'EC down' ha!  Getting it down to around 200 and I feel much better about my nutrition.

Edited by darXound

Yeah, 9 early veg plants in a 150 x 150 x 220 isn't gonna do it yet unfortunately! Another months growth and can probably turn it off.

We got one of them water selling machines where I live lol, it's in the industrial area for the companies industrial use.

It did catch my eye when I first see it had popped up, sent a link to my mate who also grows, he said forget than I'll bring you over some RO water, he came with this massive jug I could bearley carry to my door lol. Lasted ages but I gave up worrying about low Humidity in the end.

I had a look on Google maps when I saw this post and was surprised to see one just a few miles away.
I use a humidifier quite a bit for mushroom growing so I might head up that way to try it. 
My tap water is great for healthy teeth and bones but not so great for a happy humidifier. 

• Like 2

Absolutely worth it! I was using the deionized stuff from Morrisons, which cost me a fortune ha!

Military grade has a point about transport mind. I'm finding the easiest method to collect the 5 litre bottles for spring water, and just having a load in my boot. No suspicion then either

• Like 2

Any decent aquatics shop will sell ro water, they sell it for people running reef tanks that don't have an ro system at home. 

Filling up a 25l drum would be your easiest option and easier stored at home than multiple bottles.

• Like 1

Nah I have to carry it upstairs past nosey neighbors 😂... Those fancy bags from Morrisons fit 3 5 litre bottles nicely, and I just looks like you're bringing the shopping in