Equal coverage in 1m x 1.5m tent

lofthatchfarms

Just a quick one people i would appreciate all your opinions Im running a 1m x 1.5m metre tent with a 600watt hps (euro reflector) and the coverage is not great so it needs upgrading for the next run but the question is with what? New reflector and some smaller LED supplemental lighting? 2 x 315s side by side or 3? Swear I saw someone running a 630cmh in a 1m x 1m tent so is 2 gunna cover it but then 2 Is still more wattage then whats in there now, is a 1000watt hps to much or can I manage with a new extraction set up? What would all my pro growers be running in that space? Appreciate the input stoners 

If that was my set-up id be looking at filling in the gaps with leds , especially given yer running in an attic if yer username is ort to go on.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

If you work out how many watts you need based on your footprint for hid it would be 772watts, basically 2 400's would be sweet. I doubt you want to retire your light though, it's annoying having equipment doing nothing. Add a small led on one side maybe? Something about 200w.

Another option is to buy a 300w led as you can turn it down, then eventually buy another one to go next to and retire the 600w. 2 300w leds would cover you sufficiently imo. Just bear in mind the physicaly sizes of the lights you're looking at purchasing and remember to leave some room for the carbon filter.

• Like 2

You've got the same size tent I used to have, I had good success with two scope 275 Watts. 

I'm with @KC use the 600 to cover 1m2 and a 300 watt led for beside, then upgrade later down the line to two 300 watt units.

• Like 1

I don't mind retirement for the 600w to be honest mate @KC it was a temporary light just to get up and running and after coming from led back to hps I would rather be full spectrum that's why i was thinking the CMH route, If I was to supplement i think i would just get a couple of led side lighting kits rather then another unit and keep the hps but a full upgrade is what im looking at ideally mate.

I had a HLG 550 kit in there before and it still could of took another board imo mate although it was covering more of the space then the 600w but probably just because its two boards @Hazeytones 

• Like 2

I think 2 315cmh might just be the minimum, you could just get one to run alongside the hps. I know the bulbs last a long time but I think if it was a choice of the two I'd go led as cmh bulbs are very expensive (Phillips ones are anyway). I did get roughly 19000hours of the one I use in my veg tent but I don't think they'd last as long for a flowering one as you're having more start ups which is what kills bulbs I feel.

I'm a big fan of HLG, I use a 650r but if I was buying two units I'd probably look elsewhere as they're rather high end in terms of price. There's plenty of choice with led now luckily.

• Like 1

@lofthatchfarms yeah each scope really covered 80x80 so another 100 Watts would have been perfect.

If your happy to replace it then a couple of 300 watt units would see you right, then just hold on to the 600 for winter and just dim the leds. 

If you are happy to loose a bit of foor space, cover 1m2 and have the other 50 x 100 to have your fan and filter on the floor and a bit of room for heater/dehumidifier/oscillating fan etc

Scrap the CMH then. I did email migro asking which of his units of best suited the space and they got back to me saying 3 x 250 array 4s seems about right tbh going to look at the sizes of some of the units see whats best, one of my mates has got a couple of them mars hydro sp3000 300w do you think two of them will cover it? 

I have an array 2, migro lights are decent units, I've no personal experience with Mars hydro but they never had a great rep.

Just have a think about the long term because they are a bit of an awkward size tent to get an even coverage. A square footprint is much easier to cover with one unit or a rectangle that can be covered by two units. 

• Like 2

@KC yeah I know the lad who runs so i might be able to sort something out with some HLG boards see I he has any spares laying around to build me something cheap.

Edited by Joolz
remove shop link

I run an par+ 480 alongside a par+ 240 in my 1mx1.5m (x2m(h)), which works great. Good results, never been at max power, normally finish at about 75% at most

Also run an hlg275 r series in my 2ftx4ft for my autos, works great but headroom is too low (although good for heat retention in the cooler months

par+ have been easily as good as my hlg lamp

also have a backup mars t1000, which is surprisingly good tbflarge.6ABCF6EB-1DBC-454D-83F9-2CEF877A5018.png.f4ed7ce3f65b86c509c2cd743953b13a.png

@HortMan just had a look at them mate there about same price as HLG if im not wrong. I have this exact tent mate it's like it never existed when you try look for this size bud box pro wonder why they dont still do them?

Edited by lofthatchfarms

I remember when i bought the tent, it was designed with a particular light and reflector kit. Gavita or something like that.

I liked the shape as it fit my space perfectly

Edited by HortMan
Grammar