Revolution vector silent ec fan compatability

green beanz

Hi anyone know if this fan is compatible with the AC infinity 69 pro controller or is the G.A.S ec controller the only one that works it 

had a proper scan on the AC infinity website and there's no mention of which fans are compatible but on G.A.S website it says only their  controllers are compatible so it seems not 

I have the same fan on a GAS controller, afaik it's the only one that works.

Been running several years 24/7 with no issues...:yep:

• Like 2

gas controller is way much better than ac infinity,  take that from someone's whos used both

• Like 1

My V2 came with a very basic speed controller; I haven't plugged in the extra one I bought at the same time. It's just a little box, small like a match box with a knob on the top.

• Like 1

No, I mean, it's just a plain simple thing, it came in the box from GAS; it's GAS branded and meant for the fan. I run it at about 10% or less. 

• Like 1

I think there's a basic controller that's about £90 but if you look through their bumpf, you can find one for £45ish or something. I bought that one because I don't need to have min/max speeds or an intake/outtake that are balanced; I just wanted to be able to control the speed.

Anyway, I got it home and opened it up and in the bags of cables and stuff, there's the little box. So I'm using that and it works well, I have a spare controller.

I don't think there's any mention of it being supplied like that. Everything says you need a controller. I might have got lucky, maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keye said:

My V2 came with a very basic speed controller; I haven't plugged in the extra one I bought at the same time. It's just a little box, small like a match box with a knob on the top.

How long ago did you buy it? Hyperfans typically come with a little speed controller as you've described, but the Revolutions never did so it must be a new thing, which is cool if that is the case.

• Like 1

2-3 months ago, now, @GSZZ .... maybe less? It was before Christmas and I got it for this grow, so maybe less.

Here's what I got in the box. @green beanz @stu914

large.GAS_Evolution_V2_Controller.jpg.35115ea6c9f84863acdd90b26dc45307.jpg

If you only need speed, no max, no apps, no balancing, no mins, no ins just out, this works and could save the expense of buying an additional unit.

Edited by Keye
smelling pistakes.
  • Like 2

@green beanz I don't think it's compatible.

I have a 4inch AC infinity and 69 Pro and liked the controller so wanted to get one to run my 6inch silenced ec fan I got from Adam at diyled.

I asked Adam if it was possible to run the fan with it as he had messed about with the controller a fair bit and said that it was only AC infinity fans that worked with the controller ATM and hopefully they would bring out an adaptor to run other fans similar to that available for the lights, I don't know if they have done that yet.

If you already have the fan I would run it with the G.A.S controller, that would be my ideal extraction setup, 6inch vector and G.A.S enviro4 controller.

@Keye if i was running a vector i would want a bit more control, a thermostatic controller isn't too expensive and makes controlling your room temps so much easier.

• Like 1

thanks for the info think i will go with compatible G.A.S ec controller ideally i wanted everything running off the one controller and synched but it's not possible