Auto Gorilla Girl XL flowering 25 days old

Tempus Meum

Hi there guys,

As title suggests have 2 x Sweet Seeds Gorilla Girl XL in soil 12L pots running under a Lumatek Pro 600w currently at 50% and they're 25 days old.

Went to water/feed today and already seeing white pistils.. I know there's nothing I can do as they're autos but is it too soon? Not even at Week 4 yet!

Trying one with LST one without hence different structures..

20240209-210452.jpg20240209-210442.jpg

• Like 1

It's perfectly normal. Longest I've waited to see pistils is about 4 weeks. The one in the pic looks a wee bit stressed though. Check your root/ambient temps and don't overdo it with the light.

Edited by Clubs
3 minutes ago, Clubs said:

It's perfectly normal. Longest I've waited to see pistils is about 4 weeks.

Ah OK mate..  I just wasn't sure if they were anywhere near tall enough yet as probably still yet to reach the 12" mark

Also what's your take on defoliating autos if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tempus Meum said:

Ah OK mate..  I just wasn't sure if they were anywhere near tall enough yet as probably still yet to reach the 12" mark

Also what's your take on defoliating autos if you don't mind me asking?

They'll get much bigger, don't worry. Defoliation with autos isn't really a great idea, especially now that they're about to push into flower. You'll see big changes over the next few weeks but simply tuck the leaves out of the way if they're blocking bud sites.

Edited by Clubs

Thanks again for the all advice mate.

Yeah I've been doing the old tuck trick and other than that as little as I can to stress them out so fingers crossed for a good harvest 🤞

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Clubs said:

It's perfectly normal. Longest I've waited to see pistils is about 4 weeks. The one in the pic looks a wee bit stressed though. Check your root/ambient temps and don't overdo it with the light.

I'll second that with the temps bud. Just had a little Drama myself. 

It's all a learning curve. 

Thankfully others know a lot more than me. 

My problem was temps after my heater bust. 

But the effects were drooping as in. Not enough water. 

But when they are cold they can't take water. 

See what I mean. Cause and effect. 

Literally 2 hours after sorting the heat out, the plants were on the up again. 

Another thing I have never paid attention to for years, not thinking it that important is humidity. 

That really is a game changer bud. 

I got a humidifier and wow, what a difference. 

I just plodded along for years and hoped for the best, 

Anyway good luck bud. 

Any questions, don't ask me. 

But some guys on this forum are tops and will help you out. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, burninit said:

Another thing I have never paid attention to for years, not thinking it that important is humidity. 

Anyway good luck bud. 

Thanks for the reply bro.

Yeah I was struggling with temps before, 19°c max with lights on and 14°c off but got an oil heater in there now so moved up to 28/29°c lights on and 23/24°c with lights off

I'll test soil temps tomorrow. Also humidity stays between 40-45% could probably do with being a bit higher but is first run in years and I've already spent a fortune on setup 😅

23 hours ago, burninit said:

Anyway good luck bud. 

Also drooping could very well have been as they were thirsty - these pictures were taken moments after they were watered probably about 12hrs too late

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/02/2024 at 23:00, Clubs said:

Hi there. I'm gunna be starting some autos off soon that will be started indoors but ultimately destined for the greenhouse.. I'm an experienced outdoor grower but very novice with autos and indoor growing.. your post got me thinking about ambient and soil temps in the first 2-3 weeks and how that impacts growth rates in that critical period. Would you suggest using a heat mat? How big of a difference can it make? Cheers

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, ocb said:

Hi there. I'm gunna be starting some autos off soon that will be started indoors but ultimately destined for the greenhouse.. I'm an experienced outdoor grower but very novice with autos and indoor growing.. your post got me thinking about ambient and soil temps in the first 2-3 weeks and how that impacts growth rates in that critical period. Would you suggest using a heat mat? How big of a difference can it make? Cheers

Hi. Yes, I'd advocate the use of a heat mat for sure. Or basically any set up which maintains a cosy and stable environment, especially at the roots. You can get Inkbird contrllers for around £20 and they're a vital component to use with heat mats.

Keeping soil temps somewhere between 22C and 25C will keep things sweet. However, if you're warming the air to, ideally, 28-29C then the controller probably won't even activate the mat until the light goes out. Ambient temps like these will keep the root temps within the desired range.

• Like 2
Just now, ocb said:

@Clubs cheers mate. The lights wont be going out at all tbf. Thanks for the feedback 

Yeah, that's how to maintain a consistent temp. Just be cautious of the light intensity when running them 24hrs, they'll require a little less or you could stress them out. Good luck with it all.

12 minutes ago, Clubs said:

Yeah, that's how to maintain a consistent temp. Just be cautious of the light intensity when running them 24hrs, they'll require a little less or you could stress them out. Good luck with it all.

Yeah, I'm only running 2 x t5 florecent lights anyway so shouldn't be an issue. Theyre going into a greenhouse after 2 weeks. Jus waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. Aiming to pop them around end of March/ start of April. Thanks 

• Like 2