viparspectra xs1500

Nate420MP

Just bought the light. Looking for some information in regards of what percentage to use my light throughout a plants cycle. Starting from seedling/veg/ flower the light has a hand dial that can switch between 0% - 100% power efficiency. Just need help on what percentage schedule would I need to run this light on inside a 60x60x160. Seedling I’ll be using first will be auto then next will be a feminised side if that would make a difference in power usage between two different genetics. 

• Like 1

A standard set-up without additional Co2 and you may be able to push it to 1100 par, below 1000 in flowering if you want to play it safe. With autos, these numbers will destroy the things due to their longer light period so you'd be looking at no more than 750 ish.

You can get a light meter that measures lux for around £20 then multiply the reading by 0.017 (I think) to convert to PAR. Go to the Migro video on Y..tube and it's all explained. There are some red diodes in that fixture so it should be reasonably accurate. It's the only way to know exactly what light intensity you've got at the canopy.

I've got the Uni-T meter and it's very useful, takes out the guess work.

• Like 1

Just to add, 750 par for an auto is a very rough number. It depends on the light cycle you use, whether it's 18/6, 20/4 or 24/0. Whatever you choose, the shorter the lights-on period, the more light you can use. Viparspectra have included instructions on how to use the light at different stages if you wanted to just follow that but bear in mind, these figures are for photoperiod plants, hence the high PAR for flowering. 

At 100% 32cm above the canopy will give you an average pfd of 905 umol/m2

For seedlings you are aiming for a avg pfd between 100-150 umol/m2 

Running the lamp at 100% at 256cm should give you a avg pfd of 113 umol/m2.

10 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

At 100% 32cm above the canopy will give you an average pfd of 905 umol/m2

For seedlings you are aiming for a avg pfd between 100-150 umol/m2 

Running the lamp at 100% at 256cm should give you a avg pfd of 113 umol/m2.

If light at 32cm measures 905 umol/m2,

then at 64cm it should measure around 1/4 of 905 = 226.25 due to the inverse square rule.

At 128cm from canopy the light would now be 1/16 of 905 = 56.6 umol/m2

So the ideal hanging height at 100% would be somewhere between 64cm and 128cm 👨‍🏫

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

Does this mean that most people trust the advertised wattage of their fixtures. I've read a number of articles about people who bought a, say 250W fixture, plugged it into a watt meter and on full power read more than 5% less than stated. It's a quick fix by turning a screw on the driver but still. I imagine it helps the fixture reach its warranty.