Which Osmocote is the best for outdoor gorilla grow UK?

GuerillaOG

• 4 weeks later...

Depends what you’re growing and when you’re planting .

autos , semi-autos , full photoperiod .  

may , June, July .

I’ve used few different types over the years;  osmocote pro 5-6 month (for long season photoperiods). Osmocote bloom 3 month for indoors, autos or late planted photos .  And last year had good results with the osmocote exact high K 5-6 month, for semi autos and photos .

The exact is good as it releases more nitrogen earlier on, then more potassium towards the end.  Can always scatter some nitrate salts around to give a little boost in summer.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2024 at 07:53, Amarillo slim said:

Depends what you’re growing and when you’re planting .

autos , semi-autos , full photoperiod .  

may , June, July .

I’ve used few different types over the years;  osmocote pro 5-6 month (for long season photoperiods). Osmocote bloom 3 month for indoors, autos or late planted photos .  And last year had good results with the osmocote exact high K 5-6 month, for semi autos and photos .

The exact is good as it releases more nitrogen earlier on, then more potassium towards the end.  Can always scatter some nitrate salts around to give a little boost in summer.  

I would like to give a try on the flowering room for plants going directly to 12/12 on soil.

I can find very easily Osmocote pro and exact, but bloom I found only in 25kg bags or similar ( it is only me probably).

What's your recommended product or mix products for flowering only indoor ( 6.5 - 15l pots). Could I do without bloom only with pro ( and maybe some guano ).

Thanks

On 16/03/2024 at 11:38, Amnesialocal said:

I would like to give a try on the flowering room for plants going directly to 12/12 on soil.

I can find very easily Osmocote pro and exact, but bloom I found only in 25kg bags or similar ( it is only me probably).

What's your recommended product or mix products for flowering only indoor ( 6.5 - 15l pots). Could I do without bloom only with pro ( and maybe some guano ).

Thanks

Assuming you’re growing for flower, pro isn’t the best as its quite high nitrogen (which is released consistently) , so you’re likely to end up with higher than ideal levels of nitrogen during flowering.  You might find a seller of smaller amounts of bloom on auction sites. 

I do about 5gpl of both Osmocote and calcified seaweed to either straight coir or mixed with super-coarse perlite or clay pebbles, depending on container shape / size and what I have on hand.  Chuck an aqua-valve in tray and away you go.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Assuming you’re growing for flower, pro isn’t the best as its quite high nitrogen (which is released consistently) , so you’re likely to end up with higher than ideal levels of nitrogen during flowering.  You might find a seller of smaller amounts of bloom on auction sites. 

I do about 5gpl of both Osmocote and calcified seaweed to either straight coir or mixed with super-coarse perlite or clay pebbles, depending on container shape / size and what I have on hand.  Chuck an aqua-valve in tray and away you go.  

Muchas Gracias Amarillo.

Now i am confused:)

Then beanstock for flowering is easier than Osmocote:) ( at lesst to find).

25kg bloom I found for $80-100. Would be ideal to buy collectively.anyway. I tried also asking to garden center etc...there are plenty of bloom pellet products ( maybe actually lot are Osmocote with a different name)....but specifically bloom I coudn't.

With what I have from the garden what if I do this? ( Not to go off topic from this thread, and maybe for those interested to plant guerrilla a bit late for shorter plants going almost into flowering directly)

I was thinking to reduce Osmocote (50%) and add guano bat pellet, warmcast ( as I would do for soil 20%), seeweed, fish blood and bones, some Epson Sault and sulfur.

I won't use lime as using only plain water ( hard water)  i guess I shouldn't need it.

( I am actually copying almost Vic high super soil recipe. With the idea to replace Soil for Coco).

I will treat and booster the Coco with cal mag and vermiculite in my case ( perlite probably better)

Is it a no sense what I am saying?

• Like 1

@Amnesialocal yeah makes sense, mix some organics lower in N / that will get used up earlier.  Just like using reduced dosage of Osmocote in good native soil.  

Plenty of different mixes which will work, ultimately the plants aren’t too fussed what we use, as long as it provides them ample water and nutrients + the correct conditions for absorption (PH , Oxygen etc). 

I add calcified seaweed for PH reasons as much as for nutrients.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3