Struggling to keep the noise from the pumps down

jms28911

Hello struggling to keep the noise down from the pumps using Charles Austin et30 x 2 and et40 x 2 in my dwc has anyone built a box etc to keep it down thanks on advance 

Switch to coco, gravity water. That’s a lot of machinery for growing, any particular reason for growing DWC style? 

16 hours ago, jms28911 said:

has anyone built a box etc to keep it down

Dunno how safe it is, really if at all, but we used to put air pumps in a small cardboard box full of packing chips lol 

44 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Dunno how safe it is, really if at all, but we used to put air pumps in a small cardboard box full of packing chips lol 

not very, they pump out a good bit of heat. your pump would die in a short space of time imho.

if anything get some accoustic tiles and construct an open topped box would be my suggestion

16 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

not very, they pump out a good bit of heat. your pump would die in a short space of time imho.

naturally it wasnt fully covered, we'd put them on the top of the packaging chips upside down usually so the little vent wasnt covered - but yeah, deffo not the safest thing to do and this was well over 10 years ago when i was a bit more slack than i am now lol 

• Like 1

I stand them on a sandwich of underlay and bricks 

And a layer (or 2) of underlay under the buckets too 

• Like 1