Clear slime in dwc trim roots?

MrGreenfinga

I have had slightly brown roots for 3 weeks now and my roots have encountered some clear slime 

what should i do about it 

i do frequent resivoir changes and add h2o2 every other day but it seems to keep getting worse 

now i came to the conclusion that wanted to trim my roots and how much of them can I remove 

really need some Help

on this

Bit more info please bud, pics if possible...Sounds like the start of root rot though some nutes

will stain, depends which you're using... Temp of your reservoir is critical, 18c to 21c is the narrow

window, either side you can get problems.

• Like 2

To add to stu: Dissolved oxygen content decreases with rising temperature. When the oxygen is low enough anaerobic organisms move in like fusarium. Some people use chillers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Bit more info please bud, pics if possible...Sounds like the start of root rot though some nutes

will stain, depends which you're using... Temp of your reservoir is critical, 18c to 21c is the narrow

window, either side you can get problems.

Thanks for your answers but i put her out of her misery there have been almost no growth past 3 weeks

roots have been brown clear slime have been built up and plants was going from looking good to bad to good and now bad again

considering its my first time i pulled the plug starting on a fresh 

i emptied the container threw out my airstone including my pebbles scrubbed it all with soap and sanitised it 

Had a very bad start hoping next run will be better✊

good day to yall

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrGreenfinga said:

Thanks for your answers but i put her out of her misery there have been almost no growth past 3 weeks

roots have been brown clear slime have been built up and plants was going from looking good to bad to good and now bad again

considering its my first time i pulled the plug starting on a fresh 

i emptied the container threw out my airstone including my pebbles scrubbed it all with soap and sanitised it 

Had a very bad start hoping next run will be better✊

good day to yall

Consider a chiller if you feel you like the method. My dwc experience was calamitous like yours, I do coco, but I didn't have the necessary knowledge then. I'll have another go one day. The long and short of water growing is you only have about a 3 degrees centigrade range to work in (18-21c) in avoiding the anaerobic organisms and being too cold. It's a bit tightrope to walk on and not fuck up.

Edited by catweazle1
Added a bit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Consider a chiller if you feel you like the method. My dwc experience was calamitous like yours, I do coco, but I didn't have the necessary knowledge then. I'll have another go one day. The long and short of water growing is you only have about a 3 degrees centigrade range to work in (18-21c) in avoiding the anaerobic organisms and being too cold. It's a bit tightrope to walk on and not fuck up.

Its a heck of a learning curve i must say

i have grown mostly in peat moss so far

Dwc seems really fun if you get it right but once things start to go south its very difficult to save 

i have another seed ready and germinating in a rw cube right now 

hoping for the best

this time i will grow

in my closet where temps is a little cooler where in my tent its hard to keep the water cool while i keep the airtemp hot

I would love to do a million different projects just dont have the space for it 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In dwc, when monitoring pH, let it roll from 5.5-6.5, then bring down with acid. Repeat when it hits the top again. Don't try and hold the pH in one place... you'll soon feel like topping yourself in short order! lol 

Edited by catweazle1

Temps is one of the reasons I came out of dwc. Have a look in my profile and you'll see the

system I've been working on trying to get round as many hydro problems as possible.

Easily modded my old dwc into a top feed and never looked back...

• Like 1