EC 1.2 w/o nutes

Czechkiller

Hello my question is how to count ec if i allready have high e. 1.2 w/o nutes but after i add nutes iam at 2.0 at growing phase . So can i go as high as 2.4 ?

Also when i enter flowering phase my ec is gonna be around 3.0 is it ok or should i lower my nutes ?

Those measurements don't seem accurate tbh. How are you measuring EC ?

• Like 1

Have you tried measuring other sources of water? I changed anode in my water heater, ec droped from 0.9 to 0.6.

Even if its 1.2 you could live with it i think,i used ph perfect nutes

So yea 2.0 early veg to 2.2 total late veg and flower IMO(first week of flower keep veg nutes), if it keeps plants green id stay there in flower as well.3 will prolly fry plants. Once you see tops clawing you know your over feeding.

Edited by Herbal Kint

that seems too high for uk water - are you in uk guessing not by your name 

Guys i live in Slovakia and i have well water and my ph and ec metr is new i also used old ec meter but still iam at 1.3EC with no nutes added :(

1 hour ago, Czechkiller said:

1.3EC with no nutes added

in fresh water? have you calibrated your meters lately? :unsure:

I would purchase a reverse osmosis kit and go that direction.  Sounds like a mineralised terrain where you live. 

• Like 2

I camt even use my dishwasher the water leaves white stains on plates , glasses etc.

I calibrated today PH and EC i have some aquamaster P110 and it measure ec and ph so if it was faulty or shop sold me refurbished used one i think the ph would not show me correct ph today as i calibrated it it was at 6.9 in 7.0 solution

50/50 with distilled or RO water will put it in the right place. Assuming your ec meter is correct. From your description it does sound very hard.

Edited by catweazle1

Damn i dont have money for buying water nor reverse osmosis .

Anyway my Question was if i can add 0.8 grow nutes so iam at 2.0EC will my flowers burn or something bad happen ?

Your good with 2.0, try ph perfect nutes for your specific medium.

Make a diary imo

The issue here is you don't know what that 1.2 EC is of. If it was all carbonates, you'd be fine to just add nutes on top but you'd have very chalky pots and trays and couldn't keep anything in the same pot long term like a mother plant, but seeing as we don't know what that 1.2 ec is, it could be loaded with all sorts of stuff thats not neccesarily good for plants at those levels, if at all.

On 09/02/2024 at 22:22, GSZZ said:

The issue here is you don't know what that 1.2 EC is of. If it was all carbonates, you'd be fine to just add nutes on top but you'd have very chalky pots and trays and couldn't keep anything in the same pot long term like a mother plant, but seeing as we don't know what that 1.2 ec is, it could be loaded with all sorts of stuff thats not neccesarily good for plants at those levels, if at all.

I wish i know what is in the water :(

Well iam gonna try 2.0ec and hope for the best ^_^ wish me luck . 

Thank you all for help i rly appreciate it ❤️

Firstly @Czechkiller sorry for this hijack - hope you get your Ec problems sorted.

@GSZZ while you are here I have a quick and basic query re EC levels if I may :-

The EC of my tap water is 0.4. If I'm aiming for a nutrient EC level of 1.5 should I ignore

the 0.4 and add nutes at 1.5 or add nutrients at EC level 1.1 to bring it to the required 1.5 ?

Should I know what the EC level of my tap water is comprised of as per your comments above

re carbonates etc.  ? I'm in the UK if that's relevant at all

Thanks in advance !

@highdihigh2 You obviously didn't look very hard for that answer, there are so many posts and threads about it

26 minutes ago, highdihigh2 said:

Should I know what the EC level of my tap water is comprised of as per your comments above

re carbonates etc.  ?

No is the short answer. Simply, with your tap water, all you need to know is that you include the 0.4 into the final reading. So if you want a reading of 1.5, you add 1.1 of nutes.

• Like 1