Plants have strange growth

mubo

I have been asked if I know what is the problem with these plants. I’m not too sure so thought I’d ask here.

They are grown in soil and this has happened to 2 different strains of plant. 
They are being fed an all in one  single part nutrient.

Any one have any suggestions?

large.IMG_4864.jpeg.0b93628f40a701c3453326cba3f01202.jpeglarge.IMG_4865.jpeg.b0b969b186d1e83c9908868ac46dbbbb.jpeglarge.IMG_4866.jpeg.008fbef4ca2c8a81199440a390cd3d5b.jpeglarge.IMG_4867.jpeg.69194fc3f83fde1404b404edb1d89849.jpeglarge.IMG_4868.jpeg.5b46951f4077ecebb2e4cfdb063497b5.jpeg

I think nute issue magnesium def is showing but also they look very fked like veg was a disaster for them for whatever reason im sure others will know more than me but like 100% there are nute issues and maybe temp/light as well you will prob need to give more info on the set up lights temps water which soil and nutes used etc for people to help in a meaningful way.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Thanks 1

The nutrient used is proactive all in one.

mills light mix soil.

this is under a 400w MH 18/6 light cycle.

This shows up on different parts of the plant, while the rest looks healthy.

6 minutes ago, mubo said:

mills light mix soil.

this is under a 400w MH 18/6 light cycle.

This shows up on different parts of the plant, while the rest looks healthy.

I think your water or cal/mag is off cause those zebra patterns I think is magnesium issue but there might be other factors like plants not taking up nutes due to soil Ph causing that as well im not familiar with the nutes or soil so I cant help beyond that really other than it looks a bit like a worse version of what happens to my plants and for me im pretty sure its the magnesium level in the water being off and im going to amend with epsom salt next grow and see if that helps. I also dont Ph my water which is another thing can cause the lock out but I avoid that if possible. Reading the ratios and Ph on the back of the soil packet is a good starting point and also getting a water chart for your local water  to know what is off and what might need amending. As well my plants looked a little bit like this when the temps were off so make sure its not too cold if the lights off or hot when its on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mubo said:

Contrary to what it says, Proactive "all in one" is not an "all in one" product, the "nano power powder" is a requisite for the entire line.

e2a your plants are deficient in calcium and magnesium, they were probably growing fine while utilising what was in the soil..

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 2

Can this be reversed? If they were fed with a good 2 part nutrient and add magnesium (he lives in a hard water area, Ph7.6) 

temps are probably a bit low when lights are off. 
I thought it may have been a virus. But hope it’s more of an environmental/feed issue for him. 

24 minutes ago, mubo said:

Can this be reversed? If they were fed with a good 2 part nutrient and add magnesium (he lives in a hard water area, Ph7.6) 

I thought it may have been a virus. But hope it’s more of an environmental/feed issue for him. 

theres only one way to find out but id say the end result is already impacted in one way or another based on how they look.  Compared to my grows you get better bounce back the closer you are to veg and then hard to turn things around as time goes on and issues progress, a lot of the damage you are seeing just wont recover and you are really hoping for the healthy parts to overtake. good veg = good flower ime and it looks like that boat sailed on these ones and they might struggle to put anything of worth out. You could give it a go and see how they look in a couple of weeks maybe.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Thanks 1

Right I have more information, these aren’t going to be flowered he just wants to take a few cuts of each strain, the older plants he has are starting to show the same signs. 

would the new strains, which showed this first, have brought in a disease? Or is this environment/nutrient issues.

Theres clearly a nutrient problem if hes not giving the nano powder but I'm saying that they are also too cold, he should stick a thermometer in the soil and make sure the air tems stay consistently high.

It’s really strange, as this only happens on certain parts of the plant. Now it looks like it’s spreading to the other plants which have always been healthy with no problems. 

On 30/01/2024 at 22:08, mubo said:

Had same ph water in compo,no problems.

Id start what you said ,try 2 part like bio bizz grow bloom. Get temps up if its low,check water temp when your watering next time and post temp. Check if its cold draft from intake by putting probe there.

Post full plant pic and one with diatance from mh.

• 3 weeks later...