Core vents through bedroom wall.

Bigjaw

I have found issues venting in the loft of my new place. I have had my ceiling fixed and am planning on putting 2 x 6 inch core vents through my cavity wall. Attached will be 2 x rhino 6 inch ec fans - 500m3 p/h flow rate.

This would be coming out of a wall which is about 5m away from next door, facing a window at the side of their staircase. Obviously no scrimping on filters. Would this be a possible security concern?

Any thoughts most appreciated.

I wouldn't worry in the slightest. Make sure you get nice fixed vents and face them down to prevent rain ingress.  Any reason for 2 holes? Is it for in-out or 2 seperate tents?

• Like 1

Hello and thanks for the input. I'm using a 2.4 x 1.2 tent and am planning on using two 6 inch rhino ec fans. I could use a single 6 inch rvk l1 fan - I even have one but I was thinking the exhaust blast would be a touch too strong and too loud given the location. It is exceptionally quite around here!

When I'm going I will start a diary.

Edited by Bigjaw

How ya going bud! Why two holes thru the wall? I take it you own the property and not renting as you say about drilling thru the walls. Have you a chimney? Or a area you can vent thru the roof ? Or can do what we did to a mates roof bought a lead slate and he got some stainless gas flue so put it up thru there and vent out that . I’d be very very careful venting out your house that faces on to neighbours property’s for sure . If the filter fails your pumping it out opposite there property  at least if it’s out a flue on the roof it’s higher to pinpoint and higher it is better taken off in a breeze you may not have at ground level.

• Like 1

Hi bud, thanks for your thoughts. The chimney is 1 flue with a gas fire at the bottom and is built onto the main house structure and it's a very low loft space. so can't even access it even if I wanted too...

I have 6 vent tiles in the loft each with a 4 inch tube. I could, split each 6 inch fan with a Y splitter reduce it onto 2 x 4 inch ducting runs then put them up a vent hole - I have enough up there... having said that the core holes will be a lot more freeflowing... I was planning on rhino pro filters changed every 4 cycles, can't see a problem as long as I keep my humidity down. Cheers.

Edited by Bigjaw

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Rhino pro filters swapped every four cycles. That would be around every 15 to 16 months and run a dehumidifier above the LED's. That keeps my RH below 70%.

2 hours ago, monkeypig said:

I wouldn't use them personally

Any recommendations please?

I have had no problems with mountain air or carboair personaly.

I've had a couple of failed rhino pros that have made me not trust them any more

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I've had a couple of failed rhino pros that have made me not trust them any more

Thanks thats great

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

Same here, I've used both of those two with good results.

I tried an Ox brand filter that was useless, I vent into my loft and as soon as I opened the loft hatch a few hours after I installed it there was a wall of smell.

• Like 2

Some site members were recommending Fox filters. I went and bought one but haven't used it yet. Seems nicely built though.

• Like 1