Structural Engineering?

Chal

Aannnnny way ..... Spoke to my mate, just before launching back into this lot. Asked him how we do this shit. Explained I want to make a 'Box'. Seems the industry standard is some 'Angle', that he's gonna get me. Ye stick it on with Tek Screws.

I'd already thought of Tek's. Just wasn't sure. Personally, I was looking at the Duct tape. You guys have somewhat kicked That idea into touch. End of the day then? I guess this guy works with the shit, every day. He probably has a fair idea.

I'll go with his angle and screws then. Only, I'm still thinking about underlaying the angle with ali' tape. Only, after what @BilgePump just said? I think I'll A/ Wait till I see what size this angle is.

And, B/ Buy some Proper, top quality tape, to go under it. Get it the right size too, so it's not sticking out and annoying my eye 😬 (I'm funny about shit like that. Rest I can live with! 😄)

Also, again; Screws will give me the ability to Dismantle the thing. Ready for Reassembly. Rather than having to slash and rip shit off. Then, practically start all over again, when I want it back.

Thanks for all the, valued, input, lads. It's cleared up a whole ton of 'Whatiffery' 👍

I know what you are saying, but wouldn't a tube heater be more economical during colder days. Six months of the year you should be OK with a tent inside, windows open during the hot weekend. An insulated box would help insulate from cold and heat, I get that, but it would be a far more of a permanent structure than a tent.

1 hour ago, Lux_Interior said:

I know what you are saying, but .....

Muvva Fukka!!!!! 😬

Know what, Lux? I just fucking sat here (Well past my bed time) and tapped out one of my more ('Even' more?) long and gruelling fucking 'in depth' replies there. Bastard must have been a foot long!

Tapped out the last, two words. Added a smiley. And my cursor had locked!!! Hit Every fucking key there is. Tapped. Clicked. Rapped the mouse on the desk ..... This happens, maybe once in a month or two? Simply nothing for it. Hit The Big Button! 🤬

I wondered if this places system might have 'saved my work' for me. Sort of half hoped it hadn't. I was getting on my Own nerves, droning on! 🙄

It hadn't. It's all lost to the ether. Maybe just as well? So, I'll just type those last two words. They'll say as much as the reams of verbiage:

" Trust me 🙂 ".

7 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

but wouldn't a tube heater be more economical during colder days.

(background temp 15c in winter just general thoughts/experience for the pile)

I'd get about a 2 degree increase in air temps using a 70W tube heater basically in the input (air changes quick, seems not best to have it anywhere else to me) - in a 2 and half foot sq space about 5 foot high (so 'rough it' in my head 140w would mean 4c+ etc, but as they get longer practical issues add up too).... Heated mats under the tray add up to about another 100w and keep 9" square pots feet warm....needs more, really.

Also, yes duct tape ftw - gorilla better. I've never had problems @MindSoup mentions with softening glue using these modern flat panel things...which are great summer, but found not save much overall, bill wise winter, compared to hps due to needing to add more heat!

75mm wide 'heavy duty' sticky zips, about tenner for 2m  :yes: And a strip of plastic behind. Sticky fabric stuff. Don't die quickly and come off (sample size one year)

Yay for hacky grows.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

33 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

. I've never had problems @MindSoup

It kept happening when I was using it to hold my filter to my fan.

Great shout on the sticky zips, that would make it really easy to put up/take down. 

Edited by MindSoup

@MindSoup Well well. Surprises me.

I'd trust a new born's safety to Gorilla tape. I'll bear (grrrr!) your experience in mind then.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t